This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    You forgot the 141 yards rushing, and leading them to a win.
    [quote]no I mentioned that... oops I said 145... BTW, he didn't lead them to a win. I watched that game. In fact, he threw the interception that lead to Carolina tying the game. It was Atlanta's Defense that score the winning TD by another interception.
    Overrated means not as good as the hype. Vick lives up to the hype (and more), especially considering this is his first start of his 2nd year.
    maybe in the minds of falcon fans and the Vick asslicking society on the national networks, but people who KNOW football recognize Vick is an average passing QB. It was sickening listening to Paul Maguire praising Vick when he threw a ball 20 feet over the receivers head on one play. "It was just a flick of the wrist"... YEAH and he missed you dope... And I used to have respect for ESPN announcers.
    You mean like what happened with Randall Cunningham? Oh wait.
    Randall Cunningham... and how many Super Bowls did he win?

Vick's already had one injury. He'll get another one in the next two years. He'll slow down, year after year, until he turns into Kordell Stewart. Only Vick won't ever make it to the Super Bowl.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

It was sickening listening to Paul Maguire praising Vick when he threw a ball 20 feet over the receivers head on one play. "It was just a flick of the wrist"... YEAH and he missed you dope... And I used to have respect for ESPN announcers.
      Yeah, it was hilarious listening to North and the boys trash the asslicking society broadcasting that game. They were even giving credit to Vick on some defensive plays because of his inspiration. I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
        YEAH and he missed you dope... And I used to have respect for ESPN announcers.
        :
        It took you this long to realize Maguire is an idiot?

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• the lovely Elizabeth Filarski
          'e's got taste too.

Sad that he's stuck in Seattle.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ugh! They fired Reeves. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...red/index.html

Grossman will start for the Bears on Sunday. Let's see if he is any good or whether the Bears wasted another draft pick on a quarterback.

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

'e's got taste too.

Sad that he's stuck in Seattle.
              She's married to the Washington QB, not the Seattle one.
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• People who KNOW football recognize Vick is an average passing QB.

He's definetly above average (he had an 81.6 QB rating last year), but when did this become a question of Vick as JUST a 'passing' QB? Or are you trying to change the debate because you can't stand on what you originally said.

Vick is a wonderful QB. He has average accuracy, above average throwing arm, and wonderful running ability.

And remember, he left college in his sophomore year and this is his third year in the league. HE'S ONLY 23 YEARS OLD! (He was born less than a month after me). Accuracy improves as QB's mature. Just look at Farve.

Randall Cunningham... and how many Super Bowls did he win?

For a while, Cunningham was one of the most feared QBs in the league. Of course Cunningham didn't have half the talent Vick has.

And if we are going by Super Bowls make a good QB, I guess that means you consider Marino to be some hack .

Vick's already had one injury. He'll get another one in the next two years. He'll slow down, year after year, until he turns into Kordell Stewart.

Yeah, and the injury he got was a freak one, caused by the turf, not another player. He may get another injury, but it doesn't look like it'll slow him down. Look at how fast and quick he was in his first start after a bad leg injury.

Add to that fact that he was definetly rusty... playing his first game in months. He should be BETTER in the upcoming weeks.

I'm gonna love rubbing Vick's MVP awards in your face over the next 15 years, Sava .

They were even giving credit to Vick on some defensive plays because of his inspiration.

You have to watch the Falcons to realize they were definetly correct. The Falcons without Vick played horrible, unemotional defense. That added to the fact that the backup QBs played so bad that the D was on the field all the time and you had a recipe for disaster. Vick, not only pumped up the entire team, but actually had some sustained drives, giving the defense some time to rest.

So yea, I'd give Vick some credit for the D as well. That is one of the only ways to describe how a defense that makes Chargers D look like a bunch of pro-bowls suddenly stops Stephen Davis cold... damn.

Ugh! They fired Reeves.

THANK GOD!! Maybe now a real coach, who will set Vick free will come in. Remember what happened to Elway after Reeves left?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• well Reeves told the owners if they were going to fire him at the end of the season, then they should just fire him now- as that would be better.

Comment

• Yeah, what a *****. I mean, Reeves asked the owner what he was going to do at the end of the year, and Arthur Blank (the owner) didn't want to lie. Reeves basically told the players to **** themselves.

Reeves
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I've amended my thoughts on Reeves and the Bears.

Looking at Reeves' and Ditka's records, it's clear that you want a coach prior to his heart attack.

Post-cardiac lifestyle restrictions on hardball, emotional coaches turns them into wimpy, average coaches.

Has Dennis Green had a heart attack yet?
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Hmmm, that's very interest -Jrabbit. I guess Vermeil hasn't had a heart attack, but he did turn from a hardball, emotional coach to a wimpy, emotional coach and he's doing ok .

Comment

• Oh, and those snickering about comments of ATL's D getting better with Vick, here are comments from Dr. Z on CNNSI (who some of you respect):

Gosh can one guy, I mean, only one, change a team so completely? Evidently he can. Yeah, I could quibble and say Michael Vick's passing was way off Sunday night, but so what? Did you see the faces of those fans? Did you see the way the Falcons' defense was playing? How can a QB make the defense so much better? "Because it's easy to play defense like this," said tackle Ed Jasper. "It's harder when the other team has 10 minutes more of possession time than you do."

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Hmmm, that's very interest -Jrabbit. I guess Vermeil hasn't had a heart attack, but he did turn from a hardball, emotional coach to a wimpy, emotional coach and he's doing ok .
                            That completely supports my theory.

Heart attack = time to say b'bye to NFL coaching.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• NFL to change Monday Night Football format?

Comment

• time for a new week.

ESPN has a story about Vanderjadt- the Indy kicker. You know what that means. His perfect season ends this week.

I really don't know who to pick on that game. The spread is a bit high.

Comment

Working...
                                X