Dean wants to be the candidate for those flying the Confederate Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albert Speer
    yet the voting base of the GOP has remained the same, being composed of a coalition of the religious right (many of whom were opposed to slavery) and big business (GOP tariffs [the other big issue that started the war] were wanted by northern industry). this coalition has remained constant all through the GOP's history.
    No, the Religious Right and Religous Left switched parties in the 1960s.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

yet the voting base of the GOP has remained the same, being composed of a coalition of the religious right (many of whom were opposed to slavery) and big business (GOP tariffs [the other big issue that started the war] were wanted by northern industry). this coalition has remained constant all through the GOP's history.
      By the 1890s, many more Republicans were interested in sectional reconciliation in the spirit of white supremacy -- and especially with economic interest in mind, as well.
      They were getting increasingly expaserated and frustrated with the "negro" question and a newer generation of Republicans by the 1890s began to change the Republican party's outlook.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I think Dean just killed his shot at the nomination.

If this sticks, he definently did. But I think he wouldn't have won anyway... his pro-NRA stance will really bite him in the butt. Anyway, this statement will help bury him.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Dean definately needs to explain himself. I'm sure he meant that poor, Southern, white voters need to stop supporting the party of the Rich, and start supporting the other party of the rich.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Southerners have a lot of political clout, but they are practically irrelavent in the big picture. Most of today's "southern Democrats" are more like Republicans. It is this reason that most of the dem canidates have been spineless lately, they go for the republican-lites like Clinton, Lieberman, and Clark.

Che,

Comment

If I can't have Dean, I'll just vote LIbertarian.....
              Pentagenesis for Civ III
              Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
              Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

come on republicans! defend yourself!

the lefties just called you all extremely racist!

I want a flame war!

I hate republicans for the most part, so I can't participate.

Comment

It is this reason that most of the dem canidates have been spineless lately, they go for the republican-lites like Clinton, Lieberman, and Clark.

Yeah, because those are the ones that win .

Oh, but I won't mind if Dems decide to be 'ideologically pure' and don't care about wooing moderates .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by NeOmega
                    If I can't have Dean, I'll just vote LIbertarian.....
                    Oh -- throw away your vote, why don't ya?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

the lefties just called you all extremely racist!

Let 'em call us whatever they want . Dean likes Confederates

[q]throw away your vote, why don't ya?[q]

I'm remembering that Simpsons episode with the two aliens running for president...

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                        They don't vote in Democratic primaries. You should wait until the general election to slit your own throat with your Southern hating base.

Yeah, but AFAIC, ol' Howie should take himself out sooner, rather than later, so we have a chance at a real alternative to Bush.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

So you think the Falwell-Robertson "religious right" of today is the same as the abolitionist movement of the 1820's to 1860's?

Yes, and big business wanted tariffs as protectionist corporate pork to further their goal of imposing an economic stranglehold on the south. So is whoring to protectionist corporate welfare interests something to be proud of?
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            J.C. Watts (former Republican congressman),
                            Welcome to reality, JC Watts is still a very avid Republican, he only stepped out to start building his campaign for a bigger office.

I'm from Oklahoma, Chez-Its. Watts was my Congressman.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

By the 1890s, many more Republicans were interested in sectional reconciliation in the spirit of white supremacy -- and especially with economic interest in mind, as well.
                              They were getting increasingly expaserated and frustrated with the "negro" question and a newer generation of Republicans by the 1890s began to change the Republican party's outlook.
                              Mr. fun what party do you think controlled the south during the 1960's ?
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                Dean definately needs to explain himself. I'm sure he meant that poor, Southern, white voters need to stop supporting the party of the Rich, and start supporting the other party of the rich.
                                The only sensible post in this whole thread
                                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                                X