No announcement yet.

Axis&Allies board game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BKWM is my son. He plays A & A relentlessly. If a group is formed I would recomend having him on your side. He is far to good at it.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

The Allies are way too powerful even when Russia can't attack first turn.

Unless Germany is extremely agressive and lucky, the Axis with lose.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

I remember one time playing as the US I did something absolutely no one was expecting. For a few turns I saved my I.P.C.s, being a common sight among the people I play with they knew I was going to attack somewhere. Germany started bulking up Europe and Japan started saving thier I.P.C.s. I bought a crap load of Transports and Infantry and put them off the east coast. Needless to say Russia got raped by Japan right after that happend. I moved my fleet up to the European continent and unloaded into Spain!! The German player obviously **** thier pants and moved everything to the Spanish border, and on the English players next turn (they too had been saving IPCs) they invaded the German homeland. Germany was quickly out of the game and Japan was soon crushed. unfortuantly after that game the rule was made that you couldn't move through the neutral territorys at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
          I remember one time playing as the US I did something absolutely no one was expecting. For a few turns I saved my I.P.C.s, being a common sight among the people I play with they knew I was going to attack somewhere. Germany started bulking up Europe and Japan started saving thier I.P.C.s. I bought a crap load of Transports and Infantry and put them off the east coast. Needless to say Russia got raped by Japan right after that happend. I moved my fleet up to the European continent and unloaded into Spain!! The German player obviously **** thier pants and moved everything to the Spanish border, and on the English players next turn (they too had been saving IPCs) they invaded the German homeland. Germany was quickly out of the game and Japan was soon crushed. unfortuantly after that game the rule was made that you couldn't move through the neutral territorys at all.

Who played Germany there?Infantry can't attack worth a flip!All They had to do was block the sea lanes and take them down slowly.A bomber or two ought to have done the trick.But I can't say anything about the English invasion.I usually have a couple of Battleships sitting off their coast, so they're never much of a threat in that aspect. I just bomb 'em every few turns so they don't become a major threat to my I.C.P.s. I usually take over their capitol after Russia's.

In a current game, however, Russia launched an attack on Germany that proved very succsesful on thier first turn.I still won because Japan took them out on the next turn.
          "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer
          "You get more flies with a dead body than with honey." - Joshua Wade

Comment

my mom was playing germany, and she isnt very good at the game. but shh! dont tell her i said so, its hard to fin A&A players.

Germany had no Navy and a very little airforce combating Russia

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              I can;t stand a great plan outdone by constantly rolling ones!
              What?

1's are great, at least for you. Constantly rolling 1's means you hit all the time.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by BKWM
                Infantry can't attack worth a flip!
                They can't on their own, but toss in a couple of bombers and some armor, and you roll over the other side.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                  Unless Germany is extremely agressive and lucky, the Axis with lose.
                  That's not necessarily true. Japan can take out the U.S. navy fairly easily,but again that too involves a bit of luck as well. Once that is taken care of, the U.S. mainland can be taken. Once the U.S. mainland has fallen, the game's over and Japan picks wether to take out the U.K. or the U.S.S.R. I've done that acouple of time,but it takes a while.
                  "To watch your eniemies die in glorious color and sourround sound is surely one of the greatest advantages of technology." - Eoin Colfer

Comment

dice games are all luck

another game we were playing, my mom was Hitler again, she took England on the first turn. Needless to say the Axis won that game.

She tried it again in another game and it destroyed any hope the axis had of winning. Ive also set up the board a few times and tried to repeat the event but every time I tried Germany ended up in defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                      another game we were playing, my mom was Hitler again, she took England on the first turn. Needless to say the Axis won that game.

How hid she do that?

Comment

luck, lots and lots of luck. she attacked it with everything she could, it was over a year ago so I dont remember exactly how she did it.

Comment

the transport in the baltic maybe?
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

How did she get past that battleship?

Comment

luck, lots and lots of luck.

Comment

The allies are powerful, but with a little luck in the beginning, (and I mean a little) the axis can even it up real fast by being extremely aggressive their first turn.

I have seen Russia do well with an opening offensive, but with a little poor luck, and it's suicide. The biggest focus for Germany is to neutralize the British Navy, or at least get rid of their transport(s) the Canadian Transport is a threat. With the luftwaffe focusing on the British Navy, infantry first round, tanks second. Russian offensive in Europe makes a Japanese East Asian conquest much easier, and Japan is a deadly foe, with little money but many options. Also Germany should always try to take Africa early. Sweeping through Africa will offset the British Strategic Bombing raids, and hurt the British pocketbook, as well as force America into the war instead of sitting around amassing IPCs or tech.
                                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                                Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X