No announcement yet.

Anti-gay preacher arrested for soliciting sex from a boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the kid can accurately describe White and his vehicle, I'd be inclined to believe him. I am assuming that there was no prior relationship between the two, since the story implies that White just drove up to the kid and rolled down his window.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      MtG: It doesn't matter one bit if she flirted with Kobe and played kissy with him.
      Yes it does.

IF she did not consent to sex, it is rape, (a la Tyson), however, it is much more of a "her word against his" situation than if she states that she never consented to sexual contact or suggestions of any nature.

Conviction requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and it doesn't take much to argue that she went for it, then after the fact got pissed off because he was nasty, or he wasn't any good, or she consented but he was too rough, or she consented, but her boyfriend/parents/whoever would know and there'd be consequences blah blah blah. Will a jury buy it enough to believe there's reasonable doubt as to guilt? That's all the defense is looking for.

I'm not talking fact, I'm not talking legal definition, I'm talking "convince all 12 members of a jury of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt." The nationwide conviction rate as of a couple of years ago in rape trials is less than 60%. IIRC, it was the lowest of any major felony. Does that mean a lot of incompetent DA's or innocent defendants? Some, yes, but not 40-odd percent. It means a lot of cases where the jury couldn't agree on guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Rape is very difficult to prove, in large part because of the perception that she's just doing this to get even.

BTW, pediphilia isn't homosexuality. Soliciting a minor is attempting to engage in child molestation.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          BTW, pediphilia isn't homosexuality. Soliciting a minor is attempting to engage in child molestation.
          If Bro was really wanting to do a fellatio on the boy, it was a sexual act on a fellow (young) male. When the boy is 14, you cannot dismiss the possibility of homosexual rather than pedophile attraction. It is also very possible that both are blended.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Plus, don't you think it would still be inconsistant with what he preaches. "Yeah, gay people suck but pedophilia, that's all right in my book."

Comment

Sex with a teenager isn't quite the same as sex with a pre-teen or younger child.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                Plus, don't you think it would still be inconsistant with what he preaches. "Yeah, gay people suck but pedophilia, that's all right in my book."
                Well, since his book is the Bible? Is there any mention of underage sex being Bad in the Bible? I wasn't under this impression (yet I haven't read the Bible in its entirety)
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

If Bro was really wanting to do a fellatio on the boy, it was a sexual act on a fellow (young) male. When the boy is 14, you cannot dismiss the possibility of homosexual rather than pedophile attraction. It is also very possible that both are blended.

Let me try this AGAIN, for the 10,000th time -- when a heterosexual engages in sex with a minor, it is pedophilia. When a homosexual engages in sex with a minor, it is also pedophilia.

Pedophilia is not related to sexual orientation.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So? It doesn't mean that he isn't both.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                      Well, since his book is the Bible? Is there any mention of underage sex being Bad in the Bible? I wasn't under this impression (yet I haven't read the Bible in its entirety)
                      That's really twisted thinking

Comment

So? It doesn't mean that he isn't both.
                        Of course -- there are gay pedophiles and straight pedophiles.

But many people seem to want to focus only on instances of homosexual involvement in pedophilia.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                          Pedophilia is not related to sexual orientation.
                          It is. There is a sexual attraction toward minors. In my vocabulary, it's called "pedophilia". This attraction to minor is often due to one's psyche, when the person itself had sex in his youth, or had the development of his libido blocked at some point. Now, there are people attracted to underage people who act on said attraction (and indulge in underage sex), and there are people who do not, and keep their attraction to themselves.

It is also worth it to know that many child molesters aren't particularily aroused by kids, but rape kids for the feeling of control, or for the certainty they'll empty their balls without resistance.

finding and making available reliable, credible, scientific information on the topic of male sexual attraction to underage boys.

The site is maybe biased, but I think some information is to be taken seriously there.

And this is NOT a dressed up anti-gay troll. There is a wide range of sexual attractions, some of them are considered pervers by the society, some other are accepted. Heterosexuality is one of them. Homosexuality is one of them. Heck, even zoophilia is one of them. And this is one of the reasons why I think the "I didn't choose my attraction" argument in the homosexuality debate is the worst possible argument.

Comment

That's really twisted thinking
                            Bible thumpers ARE twisted

Comment

Pentecostals are part of the "charasmatic" wing of Protestantism. Long on singing, dancing, and other outward displays of vigorous devotion, short on theology and contemplation (at least in my experience).
                              Pentecostals have pastors, not Priests (Catholic) or Reverends (Anglican/United/Episcopalian.)

It really depends on the church. My Pastor comes from a Pentecostal background, but he does a good job of combining both aspects, with the singing and the preaching.

Spiffor:

The real question you are looking for is the age of marriage, considering that the Bible teaches that you should wait for marriage. Not sure if an exact age is given.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Episcopals have priests, and so do Lutherans.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X