27 people killed, 50 wounded by peace loving innocent oppresed individual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el freako
    Why is it anti-semetic to criticize Judaism's seeming lack of mercy?

Is Judasim the one religion worldwide that has no faults?

Instead of calling me names a better reply would have been to quote the Torah showing that I was mistaken.

You seem to believe that Judaism can do no wrong - that's the definition of a religious wacko
    That's not fair. Not all Jews support this or think that it is in line with their religion.

IMHO they're the sane ones.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

I agree,

I was just showing how calling me anti-semetic (pretty absurd as my grandfather was an Austrian Jew in who left in 1938) was a poor attempt to sidestep the issue.

Fundamentalist Jews are just as dangerous as Fundamentalists of any other type (religious or otherwise)
      19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Pekka:

Out of everybody on this thread, I think you have the most constructive solution, to try and help these families. If people help the families, than there will be less desire for reprisals.

Condemn the attack, call the bombers cowardly terrorists who target civilians and children during a holy day of peace. Find out those responsible and punish them for their crime.

But do not step up the reprisals against the Palestinians, or use this as an excuse to step away from the peace plan. Many more will respect this restraint, and a show of forgiveness, than mere revenge.

I wish I could have more words for support of the Israelis, this attack sickens me, but it also speaks of desperation.

'Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Sons of God.'
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It turns out the resteraunt was also heavily frequented by Arabs and had an Arab owner. I supposed the Palestinians who were responsible for the bombing felt the Arabs were traitors for getting along with Israelis.

HAIFA, Israel, Oct. 4 — The bustling seaside Maxim restaurant is a mirror of one of Israel’s few mixed Arab-Jewish cities. Jewish pro soccer players hang out here. Many of the diners are Arabs. For four decades the business has been owned by two families - one Arab, one Jewish.
          MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
            Pekka:

Out of everybody on this thread, I think you have the most constructive solution, to try and help these families. If people help the families, than there will be less desire for reprisals.

Condemn the attack, call the bombers cowardly terrorists who target civilians and children during a holy day of peace. Find out those responsible and punish them for their crime.

But do not step up the reprisals against the Palestinians, or use this as an excuse to step away from the peace plan. Many more will respect this restraint, and a show of forgiveness, than mere revenge.

I wish I could have more words for support of the Israelis, this attack sickens me, but it also speaks of desperation.

Hear! Hear!

Every time I hear of an atrocity like this I despair of there ever being peace in Israel/Palestine, and every time Israel uses such acts to justify the occupation and colonization of the land I despair again.
            19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

el freako:

Siro is not a fundamentalist jew, he is a a nationalist.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by el freako
                Why is it anti-semetic to criticize Judaism's seeming lack of mercy?
                "An eye for an eye" isn't lack of mercy, it's measured, proportionate response.

A village for an eye would be a lack of mercy.

And yes,

"But then again maybe i'm not taking the right tack - 'an eye for an eye' is from Jewish tradition, 'turn the other cheek' is from christian - maybe us westerners shouldn't expect good behaviour from a state that follows a religion that advocates such violence."

is anti-Semitic.

First, the Old Testament IS part of Christian doctrine. Second, you don't have to go far through western history to find leaders and nations finding rationalization in Christianity for atrocities many orders of magnitude worse and more extensive than anything the Israelis have actually or allegedly done, either directly or indirectly.

To selectively paint Judaism as a religion of "such violence" based on two isolated snippets of Jewish and Christian scripture, while ingnoring centuries of actual conduct, is grossly inaccurate, and pretty much narrows down the choices to ignorance or bias, or a combination.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

"An eye for an eye" isn't lack of mercy, it's measured, proportionate response.

A village for an eye would be a lack of mercy.

The sad reality is that "a village for an eye" is the more successful response in the long run. Leaving anyone around to take your other eye out in revenge is just stupid, merciful or not.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You are a good man, Ben. Extremists are only created by violence, while moderates arise from kindness.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                      el freako:

Siro is not a fundamentalist jew, he is a a nationalist.
                      Siro is as nationalist as the next guy, anywhere in the world.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Not really. He buys into the notion of nationalism more than most people here.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That's because many of the people here despise their own countries. Not exactly a great example of "average" citizens.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I sometimes speak bad of my country, or to be more accurate, the system, but other than that I love my country, the nature is awesome and the people are cool in their own weird way. Every inch of our lands is worth fighting and dying for.

And I can't wait to leave it!
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

What would happen if Israel demanded that the PA arrest Arafat and place him on trial for terrorism?
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

The solution is easy: turn Syria into a wasteland, move Palis there.

Comment

Working...
                                X