Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything as fun as Queer Theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Womyn?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

"ENGLISH, [MOFO]. DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?" -- Samuel L. Jackson

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
        "ENGLISH, [MOFO]. DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?" -- Samuel L. Jackson

omg
        too funny
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Do you derive negative connotations regarding the nonmenclature employed in the interlocution of gender constructs? Care to extrapolate?
          Gender constructs are actually derivative of subtle but potential hormonal changes that triger different paths of cerebral developement, even in the earliest fetal, or perhaps even embryonic stages. I would like to point out that we must always differentiate between the transsexual and homosexual phenomena, since the former include the existance of the female form of the sexually dimorphic nucleus in the male subjects, and vice versa in females, and the latter are most certainly products of enviromental influences, though it is possible that some change from the standard formation of the cognitive abilities of the brain.

Seriously.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

yeah, some feminazi, er, since that's offensive, radical feminists prefer the term "womyn" because the traditional spelling of "women/woman" shows a great bias towards the male gender.
            B♭3

Comment

since guevera isnt here to say it let me. (though i'll be more marxist influenced neo-con then commie, im afraid)

this is all a distraction from real class relations and the underlying relations of production. How gender is manifested in society is largely determined by the interests of the dominant social class. The concern of the academy with such matters is largely a manifestation of their failure to come to grips with the rapidly evolving class structure of late capitalist, information age society. Classic Marxist interpretations having failed, the intelligentsia, which SHOULD be revising Marx to understand the emergence of new classes, and new forms of social, economic, and power relations, is instead withdrawing into irrelevance.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Asserting environmental gender construct predispositions initiate solely during prenatal development simplifies causality beyond believability.

Robust normative theories exemplify continuous environmental cerebral pattern alteration provoking frequent construct reassessment.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  Then I'd like to be the 1st to tell Mr. Fun that he's merely a theoretical concept.
                  You're usually funny with your posts, so why the failure this time?
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                    Inherent risibilty deficiency of aforementioned "post" is almost certainly an artificial viewpoint derived from the overly subjective nature of intended recipient. The intended recipient in question being notorious for an incapacity to acknowledge many forms of comedic syntax, or in layman's terms, has no sense of humour.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Inherent risibilty deficiency of aforementioned "post" is almost certainly an artificial viewpoint derived from the overly subjective nature of intended recipient. The intended recipient in question being notorious for an incapacity to acknowledge many forms of comedic syntax, or in layman's terms, has no sense of humour.
                      So you haven't noticed some Apolytoners that have appreciated my sense of humor about myself lately, huh?

Comment

cite?
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

forget it -- hunt them down yourself, you lazy bastard

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

And you lack originality- I've seen you use this comeback before.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                              since guevera isnt here to say it let me.
                              Wow!
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                                since guevera isnt here to say it let me. (though i'll be more marxist influenced neo-con then commie, im afraid)

this is all a distraction from real class relations and the underlying relations of production. How gender is manifested in society is largely determined by the interests of the dominant social class. The concern of the academy with such matters is largely a manifestation of their failure to come to grips with the rapidly evolving class structure of late capitalist, information age society. Classic Marxist interpretations having failed, the intelligentsia, which SHOULD be revising Marx to understand the emergence of new classes, and new forms of social, economic, and power relations, is instead withdrawing into irrelevance.
                                Ah but what you miss is that all relationships are power relationships for there is a power differential inherent in all human interaction. By focusing on merely the power that adheres to class interactions one looses sight of other forms of oppesion and because of this this parochial socio-economic view must be deconstructed to allow for a more holistic view of capitalistic patriarchical hegemony.
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X