Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything as fun as Queer Theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything as fun as Queer Theory?

Shi: just e-mail her something with heteronormative content and watch the good times roll

Me:

Shi: ah, hetero-normativity, gender binary, dialectic, socio-cultural metanarrative. i think for someone like me i have a pretty good linguistic command of leftist

Me: ah, but do you understand how transidentification reinforces the normativity of the gender binary?

Me: (it does actually)

Shi: indeed i do understand. when one transidentifies, they are actually adhering to rather then dissenting against gender norms. by choosing the opposite gender as a role, they give support to the idea of an inherent gender role, and in fact reinforce the stereotypical societal role of said gender by living out said role

Shi: thus, a male transidentifying as a female acts as to resist the feminist movement to liberate women from the traditional opressed role in the patriarchal system by acting out said traits associated with the traditional partriarchal idea of a female- thus exemplifying the idea that in order to be a womyn you must act in ways that reinforce the inferior role of womyn in society

Shi: BOOYAH!

Me: O.O

Me: wow

Me: most impressive

Shi: i'm good

Me: you are

Gays are really lucky to have this kind of vocabulary to sling around. I wish the hegemonic heteronormative meta-narrative had a range of connotation as rich
    Stop Quoting Ben

I'm just glad I understood it!
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Good to hear it, you are well on your way to becomming flexual and rejecting the gender binary as a matrix for interpersonal attraction!
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Indeed, and so we will make egalitarianistic progress towards a more pluralistic socio-cultural metanarrative.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

It's time to whoop out the science talk and fight the sociophilosophical hordes!
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

RE: Queer Theory

So what you are saying is that these so-called 'queer' folk exist in theory only? Is that your claim?
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Exactly, queerness is a social construction.
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Then I'd like to be the 1st to tell Mr. Fun that he's merely a theoretical concept.
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

btw that was very impressive of you Shi

Comment

It's the defence of men against strong women.
                    She says "Yes, I know you want me, Jack, because I am all that hot! Now I can do whatever I please with you".
                    And he goes " Not so! Who I really want is Peter, so go talk to the hand lol".
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                      Then I'd like to be the 1st to tell Mr. Fun that he's merely a theoretical concept.
                      I've always felt that there was something a little queer about Mr. Fun, but I would have never expected him to be a construct!
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

He does have the sense of humor found only in the densest of intellectual works...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                          It's time to whoop out the science talk and fight the sociophilosophical hordes!
                          The dark tide of gooblodegook must be fought back!
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The dark tide of gooblodegook must be fought back!
                            Do you derive negative connotations regarding the nonmenclature employed in the interlocution of gender constructs? Care to extrapolate?

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                              Do you derive negative connotations regarding the nonmenclature employed in the interlocution of gender constructs? Care to extrapolate?
                              The BS meter is going off like crazy.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X