No announcement yet.

Nobel Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely the Peace Prize will be shared by Chirac and Schroeder.

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Inconceivably better than Kissinger

Comment

JM Coetzee:
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
          Inconceivably better than Kissinger
          Indeed. Or Arafat, for that matter.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Time to get Physics prize to Stephen Hawking.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Economics: Engle & Granger for their studies on the volatility of financial markets.

Peace: not assigned

Comment

Winners of this years Nobel Prizes will be announced this week. The Literature winner was was announced today: John Maxwell Coetzee, a South African born, American educated (U Texas) writer currently living in Australia.

Y'all know Sloww is going to brag on this shiite for years, don't ya?

Comment

Personally, I dislike the idea of prizes given for 'journeyman' science. It was envisioned as a prize for innovative discovery not for 30 years of small incremental steps(even if good science).
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I kinda agree with SpencerH.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      And the usual response to a NP announcement is:

Who?
                      Coetzee is well-known. He's won the Booker prize-Britain's top literary award.

He's a little dry for my tastes, but he's certainly good at his job.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: Nobel Prizes

Originally posted by Adam Smith
                        Winners of this years Nobel Prizes will be announced this week. The Literature winner was was announced today: John Maxwell Coetzee, a South African born, American educated (U Texas) writer currently living in Australia.
                        Wait!?! Where are the usual suspects complaining that the Nobel committee hates Western Civilization and is alsway promoting inferior literature . . . oh, yeah, he's white. (BTW, only four Africans have won the Nobel prize in literature.)
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It was envisioned as a prize for innovative discovery not for 30 years of small incremental steps
                          Sometimes the smallest of ideas have the greatest of a/effects...

Besides Nobel had no "Peace" prize...
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

For Peace, possibly Pope John Paul II for his role in Eastern Europe in the 1980's.
                            That would be cool.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yeah, without JP2 the Gdansk labor action might have met another bloody reprisal.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Almost certainly yet another experimentalist.

Damn anti-theory bias...
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X