No announcement yet.

Nobel Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope J2P doesn't ever get a prize. According to this pamphlet (The Renegade Pope) I read which I found on the ground from some Xian group, J2P worked for the company that manufactured Zyklon-B for use in the Nazi death camps.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Bump. today is the Nobel Price for medicine and physiology.

*crosses fingers*
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

J2P worked for the company that manufactured Zyklon-B for use in the Nazi death camps.
        by choice?

I believe the Jews themselves applaud JP2 for his helping Jews escape/hide in WW2.
        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

The medicine prize goes to the Brit PC Lauterbury and the American P Mansfield for presenting the basic principles that lead to the development of NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) Tomography for non-destructive 2D-3D inspection of the body, commonly used on the brain.

I thought the inventors of NMR already got the Chemistry prize? I vaguely remember seing a Nobel Prize poster explaing the principles of NMR hanging at the wall when I was in University.

I saw a scientific TV program 1-2 years ago where some researcher used NMR to study the bodily processes and organs during intercourse. It was the first time that event had been literally studied on the inside in real time, rather than from outside or in theory. Only one example of NMR , of the more popular kind.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

The physics prize has gone to Ginzburg, Abrikosov and Leggett for their work on superconductivity and superfluidity. I only know Ginzburg, but apparently, they're all theorists.

Comment

Isn't that the third or fourth prize given in the field of superconductivity?

Comment

You are all such geeks. I love this place.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Not all scientists are geeks! Didn't you ever here of fun science?

urgh.NSFW

Comment

to Ginzburg and Abrikosov.

Oh, the gentile dude deserves a too.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth
                        Economics: Engle & Granger for their studies on the volatility of financial markets.

Peace: not assigned
                        Incredible I got it right!!!!

Comment

Peter Agre and Roderick MacKinnon, two US scientists, have won this year's Nobel prize for chemistry, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences said on Wednesday.

The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, which awards the prestigious prize, said on Wednesday their discoveries of how salts and water are transported in and out of human cells was of "great importance for our understanding of many diseases".
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Here's a good article on the economics prize...

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

That economics prize still not a nobel prize. Oh well, no one seems to care.

I guess it's an important methological tool, not very exciting for the wast majority though.

Comment

Oh well, no one seems to care.
                                No, not really.

Comment

Working...
                                X