Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    Double the number of MPs?
    No - we went from about 100 to 120. Some people think it should be trimmed back down to 100, but that wouldn't leave enough room for all the Maori seats (they have their own) and that would be politically uncomfortable as Maoris aren't inclined to take things lying down.

e.g.
    Attached Files
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      NYE:

Western Alienation / Female Prime minister.

A winning combination.

Oh, and Campbell did call the hearing impaired 'stupid.'
      That baffles me to this day.

Most of the senior cabinet were from Alberta. That was one time Alberta really had some power in Ottawa as a by-product of the Quebec-Alberta axis that put the Tories in power, and the fact that most of the PC's from Alberta were senior parliamentarians when the Tories finally won.

And then Reform took off from Alberta because we weren't being represented? I've viewed Reform/CA as a childish hissy-fit by Westerners ever since.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I must admit I s******ed over Campbell's fate.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

The combination produced effects far beyond those garnered seperately.

The Tories, in the West, were supposed to be a government supporting the West. They had a contract sold to Quebec and Bombardier, that they promised would go to the West.

There were other instinces of Western alienation, but those by themselves would not have lost them the election.

Combine that with Kim Campbell's campaign,
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

No, combine that with the media coverage of the Tories, mostly based on lies, and Campbell didn't stand a hope in hell.

It got to the point that the slander became so commonplace and accepted that the RCMP acted on it. Unfortunate for them and the GoC, since they had to pay the victim of the slander in 7 figures once the legal dust settled.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
            X