No announcement yet.

Canadian Politics: Tories getting thumped in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough, but Day is well below the apes on the evolutionary chain.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Since when was Canada democracy?
      By all means, change to proportional representation. This will mean that the NDP gain a massive amount of seats and that the Tories will be finished as an electable political party.

Think of all those commies, greens and legalise pot MPs too.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Stockwell Day got in trouble by writing a letter to a newspaper condemning a lawyer for defending a pedophile. He was sued for about a million dollars. Legally, the provincial government was supposed to pay for it as Day was a serving MLA. But Klein told Day no, and forced Day to take out a second mortage on his house to pay for it.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          By all means, change to proportional representation. This will mean that the NDP gain a massive amount of seats and that the Tories will be finished as an electable political party.

Think of all those commies, greens and legalise pot MPs too.
          Proportional Representation still isn't a democracy.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Are you talking about Direct Democracy, Asher?
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The only true democracy, IMO. Everything else is a wannabe.

Comment

Proportional Representation still isn't a democracy.
                It's the closest workable alternative to every person voting on every single issue. It also results in higher voter turnout since every vote matters. And most importantly, it prevents a conservative minority from gaining disproportionate political representation.

What's not to like?
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Fair enough, but Day is well below the apes on the evolutionary chain.
                  Wow, your grasp of scientific terminology is astounding.

Comment

The only true democracy, IMO. Everything else is a wannabe.
                    The problem is that it is massively inefficient. People simply don't have the time to become well informed on every single policy issue. In Athens, where this system was actually in place and worked (for a while at least), the people who voted had slaves to do most of their work for them.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

It's the closest workable alternative to every person voting on every single issue. It also results in higher voter turnout since every vote matters. And most importantly, it prevents a conservative minority from gaining disproportionate political representation.

What's not to like?
                      It would increase the CA's presence nationally, last I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo

Wow, your grasp of scientific terminology is astounding.
                        I was uncomfortable slipping away from Aristotle's Great Chain of Being, but I suppose it worked this time.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

It would increase the CA's presence nationally, last I checked.
                          Yep. But if you check the numbers the Liberals and NDP (who are closer to each other ideologically) would still share the majority of votes.

It's a stock political truth that PR means the death of traditional conservative parties. They either change or fade away (NZ's National Party is a wonderful example).
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Grr, NDP is one seat short from official party status.

Oh, well. At least none of the terrifying PC campaign threats promises will be implemented.

Comment

It's a stock political truth that PR means the death of traditional conservative parties. They either change or fade away (NZ's National Party is a wonderful example).
                              Well, PR seemed to work for the Nazis...

But I guess they weren't a "Traditional" conservative party, in a sense.
                              "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                              "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                              "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Am I the only one that can't take a post seriously if it has the phrase "political truth" in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X