Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loads of good news from Iraq that the cynical left would rather not hear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln! Lincoln! Lincoln!

Take no prisoners, they're too whiney...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

It's good to know that Rev. Lincoln still supports killing thousands of innocent children and flattening cities. I suggest you get your morals from someone like Jesus and not the Republican Party.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Like I said before, I know a guy that just came back from Iraq who went to be a translator. He was injured in an ambush there, and came back home to the States to recover.

He had nothing but good and optimistic things to say about what's going on over there.

Comment

Lancer!

Did you see my RCIA thread?

What did you think?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I don't want to hear this.

Old news, Lincoln, m'boy. 'S'why I don't harp on how bad things are going in Iraq. Cuz I don't know, one way or another. I hear both points of view from people on the ground in Iraq, and the truth is probably, both, neither, and some combination thereof.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

In other news today... Iraqi police were shooting rioters who wanted jobs and claimed the US was giving them out in an unfair manner...

Comment

Selective quoting is not proof. It's pathetic that people with a grasp of logic are derided as 'cynical'.

Comment

i hate to busta cap on anyone's balloon, but you do realise that Saddam Hussein is still alive and free don't you? So long as he is alive and free it is going to be very difficult, if not impossible, for the US to disengage from Iraq, since there will remain a chance that he could wrestle his way back to power.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I don't have that feel good feeling about Iraq anymore. Lincoln, please come back and make all the bad news go away.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                      It's good to know that Rev. Lincoln still supports killing thousands of innocent children and flattening cities. I suggest you get your morals from someone like Jesus and not the Republican Party.
                      It's good to know that you could care less if the Iraqi people are slaughtered and tortured until kingdom come as long as you can pretend that you care for the poor and afflicted people of the world. Even Jesus cleared his temple of the scum who used their religion to ignore the poor and suffering in order to give high-sounding speeches about how much they really cared. I don't buy the whiney excuses of the left while real people are being tortured. Maybe visualising world peace and bending over to France will save them.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        I don't want to hear this.

Old news, Lincoln, m'boy. 'S'why I don't harp on how bad things are going in Iraq. Cuz I don't know, one way or another. I hear both points of view from people on the ground in Iraq, and the truth is probably, both, neither, and some combination thereof.
                        Well there might still be hope for you Che.

Comment

0/10.
                          It's just too blatant, Lincoln. Good trolls veil their attacks against the opponent, not "cynical left" and "the right is the lesser of two evils".
                          Try again, and you may get a higher score.
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Fair enough.

But my point is we need those allies & muslims on our side. Esp. the muslims, since alienating them will result in greater numbers of terrorists. Also now Bush is asking for U.N. support; if he keeps using the same tactics he won't get it, and that ties us down longer and with more money and personnel. From your POV, that alone should be worth attention, as we'll be delayed from helping others.
                            France (and probably Germany) would never allow an invasion of Iraq, and France said as much before the UN. If the US and Britain had aquiesed to that threat of veto the people of Iraq would still be without hope. But you are right in that it is better to do what is necessary without making enemies if possible. France is as much to blame as Bush is if he was too hasty. France left no out so Blair and Bush ignored her. History will prove who was right.

Comment

So the iraqi people were freed. Great!

Now, tell me Lincoln, do you honestly believe that Saddam was the only dictator on Earth? No? Then, in the name of the opressed people of this world, I'm asking you: who's next?
                              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                              --George Bernard Shaw
                              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                              --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
                                Yeah right. All the people above are lying.
                                Did I say that they where lying?

These people are just expressing their opinion. It doesn't tell much about further development.

Comment

Working...
                                X