No announcement yet.

Baseball Playoffs - Oct 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a beautiful day to be a Chicago sports fan...

IN DUSTY
    WE TRUSTY
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yanks win. Excellent. And Boston-Oakland is going 5. Fantastic. Though I think Oakland got screwed by the umps, they screwed themselves even worse. They should have won game 3 and been kickin' back watching the other series'. That was such a weird game.

Any way you cut it, it looks good for the Yankees. But if I had to choose, I think I'd rather face a Mulder & Hudsonless As than the Red Sox, even if Pedro won't be able to pitch until game 3.

Congrats to the Cubs & Marlins. The Marlins clincher was an awesome game... what a play to end it, huh? Giants rallying, base hit, great throw by Conine (good for him, he suffered in Baltimore for years), and Pudge hangs on - Snow friggin' flattened him.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• That was a great finish. don't think I've EVER seen the last out of a clinching playoff game come on a play at the plate.

Pudge was totally the Man in that series...
        But the Marlins are goin' down in the NLCS!!
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Sorry, but I think the Marlins are this years "team of destiny", like the Angels were last year.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Cubs have better pitching.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Pudge was totally the Man in that series...
              I heard he lost alot of weight since the back injury.

Pudge aint so pudge no mo...
              :-p

Comment

• He's still the man, though. Picking that guy (I forget who) off at first was even better than his play at the plate.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Pudge is a great player... but so are a couple of the Cubs pitchers. I laugh when I hear people call the Marlins the team of destiny... if any of the two teams is the "team of destiny"... it's the Cubs...

We handled the Marlins during the regular season... and the Odds makers will install the Cubs as the favorite... While that doesn't mean anything, it does indicate the EXPERTS think they will win. So in my books, it's a good place to start. Now the Cubs just have to do what they did before... go game by game, and do what they need to do.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just as long as neither side sweeps, I'll be happy. I wanna go see my Cubbies play down in Miami.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Last team to be decided tonight. Can the Red Sox overcome their curse.

In Oakland tonight... Zito vs Martinez...

Should be a great game.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Ramirez... a three run homer giving the Red Sox a 4 to 1 lead in the 6th. COULD THE CURSE BE COMING TO AN END...
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• 4-2 Oakland,

Double from Tejada.

Next inning, a collision between 2 boston players both calling for the ball.

Pop fly caught, but falls out of the glove after the collision.

Stupid! Tried to stretch a single into a double, put out at second.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ouch...Johnny Damon lost conciousness for a couple of minutes on that...taken to hospital

Glad he waved his hand

Damian Jackson is still playing
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• It sure is more interesting than the blow out in Tampa
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• looks like both Boston players will be okay, one walked off the field, the other had to be stretchered off, but rose his hand to let everybody know that he was conscious.

Now bottom of the 8th,

4-3, runner on 1st, no outs.

They finally pull Pedro Martinez.

Looks like it's up to the Boston bullpen with 6 outs left in the game.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X