Baseball Playoffs - Oct 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many games are in this series?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Ah. When did they start having playoffs? The Cubs were in in '45. When they lost to Detroit
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
        Ah. When did they start having playoffs? The Cubs were in in '45. When they lost to Detroit
        1969 (a year Cub's fans will remember... sigh) was the first year of playoffs.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero
          oh what a World series it would be if it was Cubs VS red sox...... No MATTER WHO WINS THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF DRAMA!!!!!!!!!

Cubs will win of course...Even perpetual mediocraty can't beat THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO!!!
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• I'm numb.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• I'm thrilled... Bring on the Fish
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I just want the Cubs to lose one game. I want to be there for the game that puts them in the World Series!

Comment

• I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Kinda self-defeating w/o pictures...
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

Cubs will win of course...Even perpetual mediocraty can't beat THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO!!!
                      not to insult on ming and sc.com forum's favorite team or anything like that.... but cubs are exactly what the sox need to break the curse.

Oh wait. then again, there was the world series game with the Mets... so maybe the curse IS stronger.

EDIT: What I said previously still stand though.... ALOT OF emotions and drama if those 2 make it to the W series. itd be so cool
                      :-p

Comment

• I think Cub management this year showed a comitment to winning like it has not done in ages. Hiring Dusty Baker was their best move of all.

It would be remarkable, would it not, to see a world series between the Cubs and Red Sox?
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• i am:

a) proud of the cubs win.
                          b) kinda resigned to the braves playing on par as usual.
                          B♭3

Comment

• Yes... the Cubs did make a commitment this year. And Henry should be the GM of the year in Baseball.

Oh... and a special thanks should go out to the Pirates.
                            It wouldn't have been possible without their help.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• After seeing the Cubs consisently falling short against the Pirates in the early '70s as a kid, I'm glad to see things balance out.

That sure was a nice (non)-catch by Lofton...
                              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• I'm just glad it didn't effect the outcome of the game.

That would have pissed off A LOT of people
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X