No announcement yet.

What's your Favorite Pasta Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomato and meat, preferrably with some arrabiata spicing.

Everything else is a piss thin crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
      You can make really good cheap carbonara with just a raw egg yolk, some crispy fried bacon, cheap parmesan substitute and black pepper.
      Eee-yuck.

If you're going to use parmesan substitute, you may as well just pop round to the local old folks' home, and grate the bottom of their feet. Leastways you won't be paying for it.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Lesson learned today: Never visits such Topics when hungry
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

And I just HATE cheese sauces like carbonara.

Comment

Fish, generally a selection and a tin of crab if I'm feeling expansive.

Wish I lived beside the sea...
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Provost H does and according to him fish prices in coastal regions are at least as high as inland.

Comment

Just wondering what Alfredo Sauce is btw...

Anyway I like just about any kind of pasta sauce, it just depends on what kind of pasta and how well done the souce is.

If we are talking about Spaghettini I guess tomato with a bit a parmesan

Penne: I like Arrabbiata

Spaghetti: maybe Amatriciana, or Carbonara

Gnocchi: I just love them with Gorgonzola or Taleggio Cheese but with Pesto (Genovese Pesto) are also very good

Anyway... the list could go on forever so I'll just stop here

Saluti
                "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                The trick is the doing something else."
                — Leonardo da Vinci
                "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

My favorite is carbonara, but it's expensive to make well.
                  Mine as well, though my mom calls it 'heart attack' sauce.

What kind of ingredients would you use, Che? My mom is always looking for new recipes.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni Wine

Gnocchi: I just love them with Gorgonzola or Taleggio Cheese but with Pesto (Genovese Pesto) are also very good

Saluti
                    mmmm... love taleggio. And spinaci alla genovese. And linguine al caviale rosso e nero. And spaghetti allo scoglio.

In fact, I can’t think of an Italian dish or cuisine I don’t like.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                      Provost H does and according to him fish prices in coastal regions are at least as high as inland.
                      Could well be true, but at least if I lived by the sea I could attempt to catch my own!

Mind you, with my luck I'd probably drag up a radioactive cannister or two...
                      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

My father does the best of all tomato / tomato+meat sauces in the world, BTW.

The recipe is handed on to the next generation. I'm pasta apprentice.

Comment

Giovanni, Alfredo sauce is a disgusting attempt of a cheese sauce made up of fat, cheese processing failures, fat, and again fat- although most of the italians never heard about that sauce, everybody in the US think that Alfredo is our favourite- note that I wouldn't eat Alfredo sauce even in case of war
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

mmmm... love taleggio. And spinaci alla genovese. And linguine al caviale rosso e nero. And spaghetti allo scoglio.

In fact, I can’t think of an Italian dish or cuisine I don’t like.
                            Great to meet such an Italian cousine fan and expert.

Call me whenever you are going to Italy so that we may go on a "restaurant-tour" in and around Turin. (where is an hungry smilie?)
                            Ah.. and of course a Wine tour as well... around here I like it to say we have the best wines in Italy

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

Giovanni, Alfredo sauce is a disgusting attempt of a cheese sauce made up of fat, cheese processing failures, fat, and again fat- although most of the italians never heard about that sauce, everybody in the US think that Alfredo is our favourite- note that I wouldn't eat Alfredo sauce even in case of war
                            Lol ok.. I guess I won't be asking it to Andrea (a chef friend of mine) next time I go eat to his restaurant.

Slurp... bad thing I've already eat... cause now I'm hungry again

Saluti
                            "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                            The trick is the doing something else."
                            — Leonardo da Vinci
                            "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                            "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

This may well make you all ill, but it isn't too bad really.
                              My girlfriend is a vegetarian, which means that I am too for most of the time (mmmm.... pub Sunday lunches and watching the footie ).
                              We make a pasta dish with fusilli, broccoli and mascarpone cheese, with only a little garlic, pepper and fresh basil and it tastes so much better than it sounds. As long as you don't go overboard on the cheese and make it too sickly to eat then you're doing fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                                Oh, get over yourself.

Alfredo tastes good and most people really don't care if it's Italian or not. I know you might find it shocking that someone would want to eat pasta with a different sauce then you are used to but I assure you it is true.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X