What's your Favorite Pasta Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your Favorite Pasta Sauce

I making pasta tonight, from scratch, yes, fresh!

I'm making linguini and just some flat sheets that I use for ravioli, tortolini, tagliatelle, or pappardelle.

I got all the stuff for a tomato based sauce and I have sausage and ground beef so I could make a bolognese or a ragu if I wanted.

No fresh basil and pine nuts. So if I wanted a pesto I'd have to stop by the store.

Same if I wanted an oil based sauce.

I also like Alfredo, but I don't have enough Parmigiano-reggiano.

My favorite sauce is puttanesca, but that goes better with a heartier noodle like a penne or a rigatoni.

Anyway.

What's your favorite sauce?

Vote base sauce, and then list your favorite if you care.

Tomato
    27.27%
    Meat (tomato and meat)
    36.36%
    Pesto
    24.24%
    Oil
    0.00%
    Alfredo
    6.06%
    Bananas
    6.06%
    Monkey!!!

ketchup
    CSPA

Comment

LASANGE!

or LASAGNA!

whatever. my fav!

oh and Tomato Sauce, there is also a Plum Tomato Sauce, you tried that? That goes REAL well with Bolognaise
      be free

Comment

Tomato is pretty much basic for pasta, although my personal favorite is tomato sauce with vodka added into it(look for vodka sauce in the supermarket). Now that is excellent..
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I like putting squash and mushrooms in a tomato sauce

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

My wife likes artichokes in her tomato sauce, it's not bad... Maybe tomato sauce with artichoke and vodka?

Never tried squash, though I have made butternut squash raviolies
            Monkey!!!

Comment

The real italian pasta sauce is roman pecorino cheese with a tasty olive oil
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Carbonara

With real Pancetta or thick cut Niman Ranch bacon, real cream, real eggs, and fresh thyme. (for fun, put some fresh grated nutmeg on top)
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  I like putting squash and mushrooms in a tomato sauce

Jon Miller
                  You're a sick bastard, and so are some that followed.
                  ANY that put anything besides meat-sauce, are sick bastards.
                  Form a line over here. You can conga, if you'd like.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: What's your Favorite Pasta Sauce

Originally posted by Japher
                    I making pasta tonight, from scratch, yes, fresh!
                    Your wife will be proud of you, I bet.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Over all I like alfredo the best though pesto comes in a close second. I also like the soy & spicy peanut oil sauce that one of the Euro Asian bistros by my house makes.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Your wife will be proud of you, I bet.
                        Not really, it's rather a soar subject for her. She was the one who went out bought the old crank style pasta machine and all the attachments and a bunch of simolina (spelling?), flour, and eggs. Her first batch was awful and they got worse from there. She is really bad a failure, and she gave up after about half a day and 1 lb. of flour. So, while she was pouting in the bedroom telling her how much she sucked at it I made 5 batches without a problem

She isn't very good at the finesse side of cooking. She needs to stick to chicken bakes and soups... Though she can make pretty good pies, and her bread ain't that bad, but the she uses the bread machine.

Anyway, I need to get done with it before she gets home for while she is happy to have fresh pasta, she is still rather soar about her not being able to do it herself... And, if she finds me making she'll want to help!!!
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Simolina ?
                          Isn't that a disease?
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

semolina (looked up the spelling)

It's a flour type. Best used when making eggless pasta, which I make for my dad who is allergic to egg.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Alfredo
                              Cannibal?

Comment

Working...
                              X