X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I wish I was that hairy.
    So do we.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
      There is no movie industry as talented, gifted, and fruitful as the american movie industry. People keep forgetting that this is art, entertainment and propoganda. Did you see "documentary" written anywhere? didn't think so.
      It purports to be the truth. The fact that it isn't a documetary don't enter into it. It misleads and misinforms, do you consider that a good thing for 'based on true story' entertainment to do?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan Austral
        I think he is an "old catholic".
        I want to see the movie.
        No, Old Catholics are the ones who broke away after Vatican I over Papal Infalliblity, they are very liberal.

Mel Gibson is part of the Ultra-Traditionalist Catholic movement. They are in schism(disunity) with the Church because they reject the Second Vatican Council and the Novus Ordo mass. Vatican II was the council considered to bring more liberal changes to the Church, so the people like Gibson who reject it of course are going to be ultra-conservative. In fact, these people are probably the most conservative people you can find, probably most of them would favor a return to the old Medieval system with Papal dominance and no freedom of religion.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

No, Old Catholics are the ones who broke away after Vatican I over Papal Infalliblity, they are very liberal.

Well that's strange, since infallibility was basically always there since the 'Papal Revolution' (aka, the Investiture Crisis, aka Gregory Reforms, aka Hildebrand Reforms).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Old Catholics
            Dutch Catholics

Roman Catholics
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

USA!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It purports to be the truth. The fact that it isn't a documetary don't enter into it. It misleads and misinforms, do you consider that a good thing for 'based on true story' entertainment to do?

I agree with you that if the events are falsely described, much more should be made to say that this is indeed a work of fiction, and not the true account, yes.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Ted S, glad to see you've been copying my style

Comment

KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The Poles, Czechs Aussies and gasp the French pilots were far mor eimportant than the Americans(not that their assistance isn't or wasn't appreciated.

Another problem with any film will be that it will portray all the British pilots as posh upper class playboys.

A large proportion were in fact working class/middle class flight sergeants who never went near public
                      school.

It is also not true about the Germans would have won if they had different tactics. By September teh UK was out producing the germans in fighters and was shooting them out the sky in greater numbers than they were losing. There was also a lareg reserve of pilots available form the light bomber force that were held back incase of invasion.
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                        The Poles, Czechs Aussies and gasp the French pilots were far mor eimportant than the Americans(not that their assistance isn't or wasn't appreciated.

Another problem with any film will be that it will portray all the British pilots as posh upper class playboys.

A large proportion were in fact working class/middle class flight sergeants who never went near public
                        school.

It is also not true about the Germans would have won if they had different tactics. By September teh UK was out producing the germans in fighters and was shooting them out the sky in greater numbers than they were losing. There was also a lareg reserve of pilots available form the light bomber force that were held back incase of invasion.
                        It's possible that the page you were looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted. You could try our search function if you know what you are looking for, or if you typed in a web address please check it was correct

Watched a documentary on the 'Guinea Pig Club' last week, and a very humbling experience it was.
                        Here's to Archie McIndoe and all those brave men (and women).

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Dutch Catholics
                          Thank you, thank you. ::bows::
                          Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

I never expect historical accuracy in a movie production, Hollywood or not.

"Bridge on the River Kwai" and "Laurence of Arabia" were light years away from reality. They were still good movies.

People who believe movies are real don't know what real is.

And I don't mind a little recognition for the Eagle squadron. Even if it is 50 years late.
                            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Ted, why do you fly a union jack while your country is US of A? Don't you know the US declared independence from the UK a long, long time ago?

Might as well fly a jolly roger.
                              -30-

Comment

Working...
                              X