Another Hollywood historical travesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Hollywood historical travesty

You may have heard of this. It's a drama set during the Battle of Britain, starring Tom Cruise as Billy Fiske:

"an Olympic athlete and fighter pilot who was half-American and half-British, led a small group of American pilots who broke U.S. neutrality rules in the early days of WWII to fight with the British against the Nazis. In 1940, expert German fighters had decimated the Royal Air Force to the point that there weren't enough pilots left to fly the Spitfire planes sitting idly in hangars. Unable to rouse the U.S. into action, a desperate Winston Churchill hatched a covert effort to recruit civilian American pilots to join the RAF. Risking prison sentences in the then-neutral U.S., a ragtag bunch of pilots answered the call."

Sigh. No doubt the effeminate, cowardly, British chaps will be getting crushed by the invincible German war machine, until the American good ol' boys show up to kick Nazi ass.

I hope this film never gets made.

The Neutrality act made after 1770 but before 1800... says that a person will get 3 years in prison and or a 3000 dollar fine. As far as I know they never changed this statute.
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

This is a prime example of why I have not watched a hollywood movie in years.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
        This is a prime example of why I have not watched a hollywood movie in years.
        buls****, there's plenty of other good hollywood movies, it's just that 90% is utter crap, 8% is okay to watch without puking with disgust and 2% as really entertaining movies
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

One thing is that Eurocoms mistakenly believe we actually like the stupider Hollywood movies

We hate them as much as you do

And we have to live with the embarrassment of coming from the place where they are made
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yes, compared to the great movie-entertainment complex that is Belgium we poor yeanks simply can't compete.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I wonder what title the Italian Job will have if it ever gets shown in Italy - probably the Hand Job.
              -30-

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                Yes, compared to the great movie-entertainment complex that is Belgium we poor yeanks simply can't compete.
                I'm willing to bet you haven't even watched a belgium movie before.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Hard to when you don't make any.

Comment

I understand that "Luther" will hit the theaters next week. Yes, that's right, a Hollywood movie based on the life of Martin Luther. By the looks of the trailers it's made by the same people who made "Gladiator". The trailer features a dramatic punchline delivered by the Luther character himself: "I didn't say there wouldn't be a price to pay."
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Hard to when you don't make any.
                      Me personally, or Belgium?

I don't make movies, but lots of people in Belgium do.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Jeez, Doc, thanks for reminding us about that cheap whore, Holly Wood.

Get that b1tch some innoculations!!
                        -30-

Comment

I wonder. Mel Gibson is releasing his epic about the life of Christ "Passion" around easter next year. Will the Christ character look down from the cross and with a thick accent announce "I'll be back!"?

Nahhhh! Mel's way too devout to do that. Nahhh!

Well, maybe. Nahhhhh!
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

First of all: there are good movies made in hollywood.
                            secondly, what the hell has belgium got to do with this?
                            thirdly we just don't spill out tons of utter crap every 2 seconds out there like hollywood does so why would you want to compare them both?

You have never watched a Belgian film before, so how on earth can you judge the movies? I know a great deal of magnificent movies made in Belgium your fine billion dollar movies can buttkiss with delight!

the ignorance is so typical
                            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Actually the typical part is that you can't even figure out when your being trolled.

Comment

Working...
                              X