How do you know it's love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know it's love?

With all these serious threads floating around, time for a lighter thread.

Shakespeare once said, and I agree.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
    Admit impediments. Love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds,
    Or bends with the remover to remove:
    O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
    That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
    It is the star to every wandering bark,
    Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
    Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
    Within his bending sickle's compass come:
    Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
    But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
    If this be error and upon me proved,
    I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

When you'd die to save the one you "love"? I think the Bible says something like that...

Comment

hmm

common question

there is a good quote there

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

well, part of it is never having to say you're sorry, but wanting to because you know it's right.
        B♭3

Comment

It is, when thoughts of her bring sunshine to a gloomy day.

It is, when you go to great lengths to cheer her up, just because you want to.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

also, wanting nothing but their happiness, and willing to stop at nothing in order to try and provide for it.

as to the bible: it also talks about bouncing gazelles in regards to love.
            B♭3

Comment

When you stop thinking about "me" and start thinking about "us."
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Whent he moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

So what about if you "feel" like thinking about us instead of me, but you are rational enough to know, the me is whats important ... the relationship could be over in a blink of an eye for all you can know for sure... realisticly seen most relationships (my guess is 98%) end at some point, despite the ones involved thought about it as if it would last forever... think about it, what makes you so special? ... there is no eternal love (ok maybe for a few blessed that also win in lotterys...) ...

hmmm I guess when you think like that you are not in love (or you should cut back on rational thinking (?) ...) ...
                  If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

My favorite interpretation of Corinthians 13: something:

Love is patient, Love is kind,
                    It does not envy, it does not boast,
                    It is not proud, It is not rude,
                    It is not self-seeking,
                    It is not easily angered,
                    It keeps no record of wrongs.
                    Love does not delight in evil,
                    but rejoices with the truth.
                    Love always protects, always trusts,
                    always hopes, always perseveres.
                    Love bears all things, believes all things,
                    hopes all things, endures all things.
                    Love never ends.
                    Love never fails.
                    "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                    "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

DanielXY:
                      I disagree. You can love in the meaning of caring for someone, of wishing her the best, and of acting to make her happy without self-interest or ego interfering. Being rational, and being aware all of this could stop does not hamper you of being in love.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

"I wonder why you sleep with me if you don't love me..." is what I was asked recently. I don't know what to reply, I'm not sure if I love her, but I am sure I want to sleep with her, so what should I tell her?

Comment

Well, if you want to keep sleeping with her, you'd best keep telling her you love her.
                          "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                          "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                            "I wonder why you sleep with me if you don't love me..." is what I was asked recently. I don't know what to reply, I'm not sure if I love her, but I am sure I want to sleep with her, so what should I tell her?
                            "You're stunningly beautiful, don't complain much, and never ask awkward questions about 'commitment' and 'the future'."
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X