Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Christian Sabbath on Sunday, and not Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the Christian Sabbath on Sunday, and not Saturday?

Cant find a good answer anywhere lol-why is it?

Because college football is on Saturday. God is too busy guiding the Huskers on Saturday to answer prayers, so they moved all religious activities to Sunday.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Cause it could not possibly be on the same day as that of the j.e.w.s.....

NOw, let's all go to a TAIF for our sabbath dinner.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Why not?

I mean the Torah is fairly clear..... creation on sunday, rest on saturday....

Comment

I thought it was just a matter of us considering Monday to be the first day, and the Jews considered Sunday the first day?

Comment

Dosent the western world consider sunday the first day of the week?

Does the vatican have a different calender?

Comment

Monday is the beginning of the week, hence calling saturday and Sunday the weekend.

Comment

Then why do calenders place Sunday as the first day of the week?
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Becuase they were lazy stupid slobs. I hate that placement...splitting the weekend like that.

Comment

Muslim Friday
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Becuase they were lazy stupid slobs. I hate that placement...splitting the weekend like that.

It has nothing to do with laziness, GePap. Sunday is the first day of the week, despite what the term "weekend" indicates.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Heathen DOG

How dare you question the weekend!

Comment

An answer to Vesayen's question and a refutation of GePap's silly views.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Vesayen:

Christ rose on Sunday, hence the Christians moved the Sabbath to coincide with Easter.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Bah, this is like the millenium issue. Everyone knew the millenium started in 2001, NOT 2000. But everyone still celebrated in 2000, not 2001. Same things here: fine, the nerds can tell us technically Sunday is the first day, but no one acts like Sunday was the first day of the week in the West.

Comment

Working...
                              X