Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Carolina continues to enforce Unconstitutional Sodomy Law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

None that requires the government to stick its nose into the private affairs of people in their homes. I've engaged in sodomy numerous times, and I can attest to it not having harmed me.

On the contrary, it allowed me to share physical intimacy with people I have cared about.

Regardless, it's not your nor your friends' business to tell me what is good or bad for me via legal fiat when I'm in private with the person I choose to be in private with.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but sodomy is a biblical concept isn't it? In the Bible the men of Sodom wanted to FORCE themselves on Lot's visitors. So do you get emotional satisfaction forcing yourself on strangers? Is that your idea of physical intimacy? Surely not! Who can argue against banning prison rape from the world outside of prison walls? Actually I'd be all for banning it from within prisons too. A 14 year old patient od mine just got sent up the river for burglary. I've been caring for this kid since he was 6. I'd hate to think.....nah, I can't even come to grip with it. No. No sodomy, in the big house or out.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Doc:
      I think you and Boris simply don't share the same definition. For you, sodomy seems to be anal rape. For Boris, it is anal sex. Big difference.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Personally, I have no problem with homos having sex or what have you. I have been working with one and she is pretty straight up. Really respect her actually.

That said...it is bullkaka to think that it is in the constitution. Same with abortion. That is just inventing stuff.

Comment

• TCO -- I don't understand your complete argument.

Are you saying that you are willing to have your privacy violated in every way imagineable by government officials, law enforcement, and whoever else, just because, technically, right to privacy is not spelled out letter-by-letter in the Constitution?
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
            Doc:
            I think you and Boris simply don't share the same definition. For you, sodomy seems to be anal rape. For Boris, it is anal sex. Big difference.
            My definituion is the right one.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• According to whom?

Yourself?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• How many gay men have you known in person, Doc?
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                  TCO -- I don't understand your complete argument.

Are you saying that you are willing to have your privacy violated in every way imagineable by government officials, law enforcement, and whoever else, just because, technically, right to privacy is not spelled out letter-by-letter in the Constitution?
                  Only Constitutional rights are protected by the Constitution. Others must be assured by the states (9th amendment). If there is a desire for a new Constitutional right, an amendment must be passed.

Comment

• So you disagree with Imran's explanation on where the traditional value for right to privacy comes from?

Comment

• I don't think he disagrees, he just thinks its total BS .

FYI, I totally agree with TCO's last statement.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                        Doc:
                        whatever the definiton for sodomy is, I think I have the right to bang a chick up the tush if she wants it.
                        :-p

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          I don't think he disagrees, he just thinks its total BS .

FYI, I totally agree with TCO's last statement.
                          That was nothing but an explanation on how amendments are added -- anyone would have to agree with that one, since that is a fact based on our legal system, rather than an opinon.

Comment

• Um... no. The statement said that the only 'rights' you have from the Constitution are those specifically specifed, and other rights must come from the states (9th Amendment), or be added by amendment.

What exactly were you reading?
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Um... no. The statement said that the only 'rights' you have from the Constitution are those specifically specifed, and other rights must come from the states (9th Amendment), or be added by amendment.

What exactly were you reading?

The wink I put after my statement was meant as a joke -- TCO is indisputable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                                My definituion is the right one.
                                Your definition is as wrong as your spelling.

"Sodomy" is, as discussed in this thread, a legal definition, and it is defined as oral or anal sex. It has nothing to do with coercion or force.

Now, many people charged under sodomy laws are charged in conjunction with sexual assualt and rape charges, but that is done to add to sentences. If sodomy were the same as rape, charging a rapist with both would be redundant, wouldn't it?

Regardless, the case which spurred the SCOTUS ruling on sodomy laws involved fully consensual sex between the two men who were arrested.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X