X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
    you're stupid
    and your point is?

anyway i'm not the president of the US so i got my right be stupid, the president and his administration on the other hand..

Hey you little Civ kid. we went to the UN. Get over it. WE spent several months on it. Deal with it. We did it.
    Uh yeah, but what does it matter, UN or not, you're going to bomb Iraq anyway, so what's the point. If the UN thinks you shouldn't go to war, then hell you shouldn't go to war!
    I've seen Powell's presentation about all the nuclear programmes Saddam was running, and with all the evidence.... It was a joke, that people were even taking him seriously was kinda surprising to me already! He had no evidence whatsoever.. nothing really
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• "AmerIndian" is a ****** word - comparable to my own inventions of "Floridanish", "ZionaBumhumper" and "MilkMan(ic)Episode"

Comment

• Oh, and let's not forget the fan favorite: "Babylon Jive"

First person to say "AmerIndian" in my real life travels gets 5 demerits and a fist to the back.

Comment

• I prefer, "Ed".
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• In all seriousness, use the name of the tribe if you know it.

Comment

• Prairie Ni

Comment

• I'm not familiar with that tribe -- are they in Canada?

Comment

• No but I'm pretty sure no tribe names were ever AMERINDIAN

Creating and publicizing that new word makes about as much sense as renaming Chocolate Donuts "ChocolaMuffinRound" because you're an idiot who thinks it rolls nicely

Comment

• I see you've studied German, then.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      Why are the backwards, feudalistic countries "new" Europe, while the modern capitalist countries "old" Europe?
                      Backward? Feudalist? Haven't 500/70 years of communist changed anything? Oh my.
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

• Comrade and Trajan,

Yes, we "failed" to get the UN to agree to what we wanted.* But the point was related to the wrong impression that we went to war because of "missiles on the launcher". The danger from Saddaam was not of that imminent sort. Else we would not have waited the several months. That does not mean that the danger was not significant. We've already seen how well ignoring a problem worked in Europe in the 1930's.

*They have shown a serious lack of interest in enforcing their own sanctions and restrictions on Iraq...it was only in the dimension of "preventing a war" that they even reintroduced inspectors who had been kicked out since 1998. And hassled from doing their job, the entire time.) But of course this is a seperate issue.
                        Last edited by TCO; September 7, 2003, 09:09.

Comment

• I like Amerind. I think I've seen it even pre-PC. Just that its descriptive. Do you mean the brown ones or the red ones.

Comment

• American Indian works fine too.

Comment

• 10,000 troops, gee, that will change things.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Working...
                                X