New Europe Steps Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Europe Steps Up

This week, some 10,000 soldiers from more than 20 countries — many of them in "new Europe," that loose amalgam of young, hungry, former Soviet-bloc states planning to join the E.U., and those in the West who are uncomfortable with the Gaullist tilt of the Franco-German axis — will be fully mustered in Iraq under the command of Polish General Andrzej Tyszkiewicz to help the Yanks and Brits shoulder what looks like a long and hazardous occupation.
    Hey man it ain't much but at least they are helping.

Also they know USA still calls the shots in Europe.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

The Sovietbloc SUPERPOWER
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Poland! Poland!

My boytoys get to do me in the partyhole

Should I become her slave?

Comment

Selling 'world significance' to their hungry people

Comment

AFAIK 10K is half what the US wanted, so its actually a pretty good start.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Are there any Spanish troops there, or only Central European countries eager to show they don't belong to the USSR anymore ?
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Serving alongside 2,300 Polish soldiers will be 1,600 soldiers from Ukraine, 1,300 from Spain, 470 from Bulgaria, 300 from Hungary, 220 from Romania and 100 from Latvia, as well as about 1,200 from countries in Central America.
              Their commitment is outstanding.

Comment

If the rest of the world would wake up and understand that its about getting Iraq fixed and not about "standing up to the US" then everyone would be better off in the long run. France and Germany have simply lost their minds.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                  Their commitment is outstanding.
                  Actually, it's pretty good this is an "international" force.

Comment

Poland is such a lousy country, it just cracks me up how some of you guys think so much of it

Comment

"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Ecth, if you don't like them, why don't you guys just inva--

Erm, never mind, forget I said that.

Besides, Polish blond guys can be incredibly hot. Add to that them being none-too-bright, and you have massive scoring potential.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm dirty blonde and intelligent, but I am a slut!

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          Besides, Polish blond guys can be incredibly hot. Add to that them being none-too-bright, and you have massive scoring potential.
                          Poland! Poland! POLAND!!!

Comment

The trick is also getting them to bathe. Those former Eastern Bloc folks aren't used to regular showers, sadly.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                              If the rest of the world would wake up and understand that its about getting Iraq fixed and not about "standing up to the US" then everyone would be better off in the long run. France and Germany have simply lost their minds.
                              If all of a sudden we start sending out troops out there, to occupy Iraq, it would be be seen as us accepting the war. Especially seeing the reason behind the war is not accepted here, it would be silly to send troops over there now.

Also, we would be sending troops there, but they would be specifically under American command.... yahh..

Basically Powell asks us to send troops they can use for whatever they want, and he asks us to acknowledge that the war is justified... The current reason for removing Saddam is his womd (which was not the initial reason for a war), but it's now shifting again to something like: Saddam was an evil tyrant we never ever supported and funded, that terrorized his people

I gotta give it though, it's a smart move, if w-europe falls for it that is.

Poland is such a lousy country, it just cracks me up how some of you guys think so much of it
                              Any country that supports/helps the USA's goals is a "good" country
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                              X