No announcement yet.

Worst movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is frustrating -- I keep coming back to this thread, hoping someone's post triggers my memory of a movie that I regretted watching because it was bad.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Wait...so is this a "Worst Movie Ever" thread or a "Most Overrated Movie" thread?
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
        Tom Hanks hasn't been in a good film since Big.
        Are you saying that Catch Me if you Can, Road to Perdition, Cast Away, Green Mile, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, Apollo 13, Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, A League of their Own, and The Burbs were all bad movies?
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

EmpFab has a point... at least 3 of those films were damn good (Philadelphia, Saving Private Ryan and Catch Me If You can). A League of Their Own was certainly enjoyable, IMO, and Toy Story is hard to complain about...
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yes but I said it with fewer words.

Actually Toy Story was good but he wasn't actually on screen in that one.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

I haven't seen Catch Me If You Can. Philadelphia seemed emotionally exploitative and Saving Private Ryan was only good for the opening scene which was amazing. The rest of the film seemed a bit contrived.

Big, however, was a cinematic masterpiece. One of the great films of all time.
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

I assume you saw all of them as well?

EDIT: Ah ha, beat me to the punch. That said, if you haven't seen Road to Perdition, you should see it. And see catch me...

I will say that Big is better than many of the movies he's done since, but those stand out, IMO, above it...

Now, if you had said that the BURBS was the best he's done, I wouldn't be able to argue.

Comment

I've seen all of them except:

Catch Me if you Can, Road to Perdition, Cast Away, and Green Mile

I stopped watching his films by that point.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

I didn't think I'd seen Burbs then I looked it up, I have. It was ****.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

A friend of mine sent me a copy of the Crow 4, with Kirsten Dunst. It's called The Crow: Salvation, and it was a SERIOUS waste of a good word.
                      -30-

Comment

Catch Me If You Can and Road To Perdition are good films, although I am not a massive fan of Tom Hanks as an actor...maybe he is and I just haven't given it a lot of thought...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Anywho, for me, I'd say the movies I enjoyed the least were:

Contact (the idea was there, it just didn't sit well with me)
                          Batman Returns (I tried hard to like it...but I couldn't)
                          Falling Down (really just didn't like it)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                            I didn't think I'd seen Burbs then I looked it up, I have. It was ****.
                            I think you mean it was THE ****.

Comment

It's day 3 of me giving up smoking. My opinions might be slightly more... forthright than normal.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

I don;t know the name of the worst film I ever saw..it was an underground flick from 1962, which i had to sit through awaiting Trimph des Willens at the Vienna film institute. Lets just say, it is a different order of magnitude of disturbing. It is even worse than the film which consits of a closeup of a womans genitals bleeding while this shriek runs over the film [ also seen in vienna], if only cause that film is only about two minutes long while thew other one was 40.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X