No announcement yet.

NASA wants to develop Space Plane to replace Shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want space wars between Russian/Chinese/American/NK orbital space ships! Free fireworks display... come on!!!
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

How 'bout we all just target Northampton with mass drivers, instead?

You'll get fireworks aplenty.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
        Isn't interesting that two of the concept drawings look just like the Space Plane in CTP2?
        Yeah you're right

Comment

Hmmm... cash cow for defense contractors? or viable project? I can't decide.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

You'll get fireworks aplenty.
            Britain thanks you for this idea.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Where are the lightweight rocket designs that are going to reduce lift costs by a factor of ten?
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                Where are the lightweight rocket designs that are going to reduce lift costs by a factor of ten?
                I agree. We truly need fresh leadership at NASA. Nothing senisble is going to happen unless every top manager is gone.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

reducing costs isnt part of the american way

Comment

Neither, does it appear, is safety.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

what about a magic teleportation device?

And a guy called Scotty
                      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Just throwing money at NASA won't solve anything. They need something called COMPETITION.

Comment

Nah, there are three liberal Northamptonians on OTF, it would be such a waste!

Target Birmingrad.
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

What the Americans need for a successful space program is the Soviets.

Comment

Space Elevator is the way to go.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

A novel inflatable space elevator concept that would lift people 12 miles above Earth where they could catch a space plane into orbit has been patented by a Canadian company.

Yeah, but what about the space ESCALATOR?!?!

Didn't think of that, did you tough guys?!
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X