This ought to piss off the lefties.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gross generalizations from either side are based on -- nothing
    Excepting that one can support such a proposition, as would seem to be the case with my argument.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Where's Fez?
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

the human race as a whole is stupid, we're all going to die......if its watching Fox then so be it, it wont matter in the end...
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Comment

I am saying that people capable of satisfying the greater cognetive requirements of liberalism (http://www.geocities.com/ben_j_elijah/relative.htm) are thus more likely of choosing that position than those who are incapable of supporting it in their minds

Problem with that argument is that MOST liberals are not relativists .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by elijah

Excepting that one can support such a proposition, as would seem to be the case with my argument.

Your claim that conservatives are more stupid in general, is outrageous to say the least.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Problem with that argument is that MOST liberals are not relativists
                Damn! My bad, I gave the wrong link... hang on...
                Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Your claim that conservatives are more stupid in general, is outrageous to say the least.
                  Why not? There is a logical argument for that being the case.

Just because it is not politically correct, or it might offend peoples naive sensibilities is no justification for me not to say it, and support it. Lets not delude ourselves, where is my argument flawed?

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                    Where's Fez?
                    He banned himself about a month abo after us lefties ticked him off too much. I also mocked him with his "You provide no evidence" quote.

Murdoch should be shot.

Comment

He banned himself about a month abo after us lefties ticked him off too much
                      Good going my man!!! Still, I miss him! Not that the conservative position needs to be made to look more ridiculous, but he was a comedian! When do you think he'll be back?

Comment

you see? still hasn't sunk in.........all this really doesn't matter, we're an evolutionary dead end - gonna take everything with us when we go.....they'll be flag waving....and patriotic songs.....and then nothing.
                        What a waste.
                        We could have been so good.
                        But we're just too stupid, but smart enough to REALLY F**k it all up.......
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

There is a logical argument for that being the case.

There is also a logical argument that conservatives are smarter than liberals, especially when you look at the 'class' of people each ideology is identified with.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

child of Thor: I do completely agree, but at the end of the day, most of us, myself included, do have the dillusion that life is worth living.

I suppose what we really want to be doing is stopping pollution and sodding up this planet! Another good case against conservatism... its contemporary incarnation will result in the destruction of the human race!

Comment

Comment

There is also a logical argument that conservatives are smarter than liberals, especially when you look at the 'class' of people each ideology is identified with
                                If you refer to liberals being associated with the prolitariat, who tend to be less educated than the rich, then you have misunderstood. While an idea like liberalism or much of leftism could be associated with the working classes, rarely do they take a lead in that, at most they are followers, instead of intellectual liberals, and indeed usually they are conservative. Similarly, there are more intellectual liberals amoung the intelligentsia than in the general population, I would imagine as a comparison of the fractions of each in the respective groups.

Nonetheless, I am somewhat reluctant to associate this version of "smart" with generalisations about classes, I am merely saying, if you are intelligent (you could say high IQ, or well read, philosophically inclined etc) then you are more likely to be liberal.

There is also a logical argument that conservatives are smarter than liberals
                                Where?

Comment

Working...
                                X