No announcement yet.

This ought to piss off the lefties.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Fox is any where near as ideological as say the Nazis. They do have an ideology but that's because Murdock (who's originally from Australia btw) has found he can make money by telling people what they want to hear.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Get a grip on yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
        As if every other source of news isn't full of bias and it's own agenda....FOX is only singled out because it isn't pro-liberal.
        Of course thats not true. Most other major American television news agencies don't have the pro-liberal bias

Fox is to America as Peoples Daily is to China. It really is that simple.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how we got an Australian billioniare telling everyone how to be a patriotic American.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The fact of the matter remains the same. Because FOX is pro-Conservative, instead of pro-Liberal, it is singled out.

Comment

US liberal is still very right wing though.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

As long as you realize that Fox News is actually a parody of the right, it can be very entertaining.
                Last edited by Ramo; August 18, 2003, 16:43.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                  The fact of the matter remains the same. Because FOX is pro-Conservative, instead of pro-Liberal, it is singled out.
                  Fox is singled out becuase it goes well beyond any other station in having all their anchors editorialize for right-wing causes on the air. People can claim that all the others are biased for the left all one wants, all you have to do to see the difference is ask for transcripts of shows, and the bias on Fox oozes out per page, while for the "left-biased ones", you have to infer that this, and that and thus...

I have seen left-biased sources as blatant as FOX: but they aren't anywhere near as big as it.

I agree to a minor degree with Oerdin, in that the left, once it got power, acted as arrogantly as the conservatives who had been in power before, and thus helped bring about the backlash now. Some of what brought the left to power in the '60's has now turned on it.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Oerdin, that idiology is telling people what they want to hear, thus making Murdock more money.

Verto does have a point, the extreme anti-liberalism and pro-conservatism of Fox does make it a target for those of us that disagree with its idiotic nature, and are watched by impressionable vegetables of double figure IQs. Nonetheless, if it wishes to establish an extreme position in relation to others, it must be prepared for the expected flak received thus.
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Ramo:

GePap: That is true, however, I am merely concerned with concepts, not the failings of men whose bones are dust and whose organs are a pulp of organic chemicals and a not inconsiderable amount of scotch.
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                        Nobody ever lost money underestimating people's stupidity and gullibility- certainly not in the U.S.A. .....
                        Nobody ever lost an election that way either.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Concern for concepts outside of their practical implications is a recipe for alientation from the masses. To mainatin the masses in agreement with you, they have to see practical imporvement of their lives, and even more importantly, a sense of further practical improvement, since people are all too quick to dismiss whatever wonders they have and demand even more.

Comment

GePap, that is indeed correct, however, the masses can do whatever the hell they want! I see society, or human civilisation like a car.

Most people are in the engine, you have some drivers (the leaders, the pressure groups, most intellectuals etc etc), and you have the headlights. Whereas historians are the rear view mirror, one can say that idealists are those that find the direction for the car to go in, amid the darkness, in turn inspiring and fuelling the drivers to move the wheel. The drivers need the support of the masses, I need food and water.

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                              GePap, that is indeed correct, however, the masses can do whatever the hell they want! I see society, or human civilisation like a car.

Most people are in the engine, you have some drivers (the leaders, the pressure groups, most intellectuals etc etc), and you have the headlights. Whereas historians are the rear view mirror, one can say that idealists are those that find the direction for the car to go in, amid the darkness, in turn inspiring and fuelling the drivers to move the wheel. The drivers need the support of the masses, I need food and water.
                              But if people don;t like the road ahead, they can stop, and turn around, or worse, decide to drive blind. People can be stubborn that way. And then, you won;t even get food and water, becuase we all are now dependent on the structure society has built for our very lives.

Comment

Originally posted by elijah

pretty typical inflated leftist opinion of themself. for all ur equality u sure like to classify society quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X