The Arn for Governor of California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albert Speer
    nobody restricted your opinion... all joseph said was don't worry about if arnold will be a bad governor or not because you won't have to suffer the consequences of a bad governor.
    1. I didn't "worry" about it, just gave my opinion.
    2. I would, however, be entitled to worry about it: see below.

and Clinton can vote for a law that directly effects all of us... the gov of cali can't.
    Sure, but the governor of California is responsible for a state that has the largest economy in the U.S., dwarfing that of most any other state. As California's economy goes, so goes the nation, in a sense. That's a huge responsibility. What a CA governor does will indeed have a significant impact on all of the U.S., just because its economy is so important to us. See?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If Arnold becomes California's governor there won't be a "Terminator 4"!
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        If Arnold becomes California's governor there won't be a "Terminator 4"!
        Unless they get Gary Coleman to play the Terminator.
        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

i don't mind arnold as much.

until this election, i had no idea who angeline was, and now that i've heard of her, i'm saddened that such a bimbo could ever even get past the first stage of paperwork.

at least it's not anna nicole smith, but it's not too far from it...
          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Which is why he remarked to the PA who walked in on him orally pleasuring a young woman one time, "if it's eatin', it's not cheatin'!"
            Ohhh! The smear campaign has begun!

:JohnT sits back, chips in hand, and watches all the fun:

Comment

Originally posted by mindseye
              Second California is the worst run state in terms of the buget in the nation. We also have a buget deficit larger then the all the other 47 other states that are in debt.
              Thrid the Buget he signed in to law does not solve the under lying problems, and everyone on wallstreet says as much, and Gray admitted as well when he sign the buget.

I think maybe you need to examine the role of the Republicans in the state congress, if you are looking for someone to blame the current budget on.
              Hmmm. Democrats hold the 8 State Constitutionally mandated offices in the state, 25 out of 40 Senate seats (63%) and 48 of 80 seats in the House (60%). Perhaps these sort of figures aren't available in China???

Source: http://www.ca-dem.org

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

He asked everyone, I answered with my opinion.

Hey, since you're playing it that way, I'll hope in the future you won't be making any judgments when we reelect Sen. Clinton, k?
                I gotta tell you, I thought NY state pride would've been too great to allow yourselves to be represented by somebody from Arkansas. Shows what I know about the lack of pride in NY state by New Yorkers.

Comment

Does the State Governor actually have to know about stuff and make important decisions? If so, don't you think it might be a good idea to elect someone who knows what the **** they're talking about, instead of an ex-steroid muncher who's spent the last 15 years making mediocre mindless action flicks?

Put less provocatively: Does Arnold have any experience at doing anything even remotely related to politics?
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

He has been very active in politics. There was a referendum vote that was approved last year that was basically Arnold's baby. He's been involved in the last two Republican Presidential Adminstrations in some minor capacity.
                    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; August 7, 2003, 10:18.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well that sounds OK then. Good for him.
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Hmmm. Democrats hold the 8 State Constitutionally mandated offices in the state, 25 out of 40 Senate seats (63%) and 48 of 80 seats in the House (60%). Perhaps these sort of figures aren't available in China???

Source: http://www.ca-dem.org
                        Any tax increase of any kind has to be approved by a supermajority, so Republicans do have a lot of influence in the state budget process.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          He has been very active in politics. There was a referendum vote that was approved last year that was basically Arnold's baby. He's been involved in the last two Republican Presidential Adminstrations in some minor capacity.
                          Doesn't matter. Bustamante is running, and he'll win hands down. The rest of the Dem party will now abandon Davis like the sinking ship he is, and do everything they can to unify the Dem vote around Bustamante, while Arnie, Issa, and whoever else decides to play will divide their votes.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Doesn't matter. Bustamante is running, and he'll win hands down. The rest of the Dem party will now abandon Davis like the sinking ship he is
                            Well, as long as Davis is not in I will be fine, but I think Arnold will prove to be a very threatening canidate. If he doesn't win I think he will come very close... At least a lot closer than Larry Flint, though he would be a fun governor...

I really liked Arn's little speech on Leno last night it had me laughing and cheering for him. Yet, if he is going to approach capital hill like it's hamburger hill I will probably not vote for him..
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Any tax increase of any kind has to be approved by a supermajority, so Republicans do have a lot of influence in the state budget process.
                              Define "supermajority." 60%? 75%?

Comment

This is hilarious.

Gary Coleman is running for governor.

Who the hell isn't running?

Can I run for governor of California even though I'm a Nevada resident?

Comment

Working...
                                X