X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cinch, I categorize it as a war movie.. It's good too

about thin red line.. I didn't like it.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

There´s also an older movie about the battle in the Pacific, I think it is called "Midway"? Not sure, but I liked it. There´s also an older movie about Pearl Harbour ("Tora, Tora, Tora") which is ok - certainly not as much stupid scenes as in the newer movie Provost mentioned.

"Battle of Britain" was great.
      Blah

Comment

BeBro, I didn't like the new Pearl Harbor. I mean come on, Ben Affleck and that other guy? It was romantic movie, not a war movie.. Tora Tora Tora I like..
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

"Glory" is one of my all time favorites... Too bad Matthew Brodric has turned into such a pansy though.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

What in the Sam Neill Hill are you talkin' about, sailor?!?

"I got you both covered, I don't drink American beer because it's basically piss, and I don't use my Russian buttbuzzer, because it doesn't fit into my butt and it doesn't even buzz. Finnish beer German beer English beer And some other beers too " - Pekka"

Actually, I always suggest 'beer' because I know that generally men will drink a h*ll of a lot more of it than boys. It's easier to see who's on the winning end of the pissing contest that way.

I can't stand it either - I always fancied it smelled a great deal like carbonated piss, sort of the same way the Blarney Stone smells after the witching hour.
            -30-

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

VetLegion, hey did you get a chance to watch that Savior? You see, I didn't forget...

st_swithin, don't worry about that..
                In da butt.

Comment

Glory and Paths of Glory.. never seen them.. what wars are they about?
                  In da butt.

Comment

"Glory" is the Civil War
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Paths of Glory is WW1, with Kirk Douglas as a French colonel.

I think. I've never seen it. I'd like to though.

It's a Kubrick film, too.

(edited for accuracy)
                      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                      "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                        What in the Sam Neill Hill are you talkin' about, sailor?!?

"I got you both covered, I don't drink American beer because it's basically piss, and I don't use my Russian buttbuzzer, because it doesn't fit into my butt and it doesn't even buzz. Finnish beer German beer English beer And some other beers too " - Pekka"

Actually, I always suggest 'beer' because I know that generally men will drink a h*ll of a lot more of it than boys. It's easier to see who's on the winning end of the pissing contest that way.

I can't stand it either - I always fancied it smelled a great deal like carbonated piss, sort of the same way the Blarney Stone smells after the witching hour.
                        See Pekka, you are famous now, your quotes are a subject of academic discussions all over the respected forum of Apolyton

Comment

I forgot the best one of all:

BRAVEHEART
                          -30-

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            VetLegion, hey did you get a chance to watch that Savior? You see, I didn't forget...
                            Stubborn Finn

BeBro, how come you Germans nowadays make sissy movies like Run Lola run and no war movies whatsoever?

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                              I forgot the best one of all:

BRAVEHEART
                              How did we forget there was war before gunpowder. Braveheard is very good. There are also good war scenes in Gladiator and some of the old Holywood spectacles about Romans

Comment

My favorites are Das Boot and Steiner - Cross of Iron.

The Longest Day, One Bridge Too Far and The Bridge over River Kwai are pretty solid too.

Comment

Working...
                                X