Clear All

Blackhawk Down
    Das Boot
    Stalingrad

(in no particular order)

....certainly more, but I don´t remember them now
    Blah

Comment

VetLegion, you must have seen Winter War. It's pretty good. Pretty unique combat scenes compared to other films. But if you follow the dialogues etc, you realize that Finns don't win the war, but peace comes with heavy terms . It's like Vietnam movies.. you think the murricans wins this war, but in reality they don't. But in our hearts we know murricans kicked some serious ass in Vietnam, like we did in winter war. So in reality there was no winner, or the winner lost more.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Uh, I didn't even remember Blackhawk Down. Impressive combat scenes in city.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Enemy at the Gates
          White Christmas, I am not sure if it was called that, but something like that... An allied tank battalion gets caught behind enemy linds during a snow storm and captures some Italian dudes.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

The murricans won every single battle against the NVA without exception and that's a fact. Eventually we just got bored and went home.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              Enemy at the Gates
              Ugh!
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                Ok, how about "Hitler Sucks"?
                I would have bet I was the only one here who had ever seen that...
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Bored and dead.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    The murricans won every single battle against the NVA without exception and that's a fact. Eventually we just got bored and went home.
                    You also won who knows how many battles against unarmed civilians, before you got bored and went home

Learn from the Finns

Comment

I liked it...

Anyone ever see "The Wall"? And it's not the Pink Floyd one.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Enemy at the Gates was entertaining.. but I didn't like it too much.. I think the woman in it spoiled the movie for me. But it had good scenes too.
                        In da butt.

Comment

I liked THE DEER HUNTER quite a bit.

Sure, it's not really a rah-rah war movie, but a war movie none the less.

De Niro and Walken's respective performances in that movie are probably my two favourite of all time. Just perfect.
                          "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                          "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                          "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Few days ago I taped 'Thin red line' but alas I used a 120 minutes tape and movie is about three hours. What I have recorded is fine though.

Comment

VetLegion, yeah but those can't be compared.. we were fighting in our own lands, so civilian losses were quite minimal Also they were evacuated, so Russians didn't kill lots of civilians either. Except some bombing campagns cost lots of lives, but in more traditional combat there were no civilians to be killed. Also because every man was in arms so.. but that's kind of positive for RUssians you know, every man you kill is a soldier, not civilian
                              In da butt.

Comment

I really hated "Thin Red Line", I hear the book is much better.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X