No announcement yet.

The Best War Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it. Thrilling. I've only seen the "enhanced version" or whatever though.

(das boot)
    CSPA

Comment

IRT The Thin Red Line was pretty much a poetry reading set in WWII.
      Thin Red Line was set in Vietnam... but it was so boring, it's no surprise you got the two confused... that was a sh1tty flick.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        Thin Red Line was set in Vietnam... but it was so boring, it's no surprise you got the two confused... that was a sh1tty flick.
        Sorry, you're absolutely wrong. Both the '64 and '98 versions were set during Guadacanal
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

no it was ww2. guadalcanal... but your point still stands
          CSPA

Comment

All is Quiet on the Western Front 1930 (Best picture oscar)
            Grand Illusions 1937
            Paths of Glory 1956
            Bridge over the River Kwai 1957?
            Glory 1989?
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sorry, you're absolutely wrong. Both the '64 and '98 versions were set during Guadacanal
              just checked on Amazon... indeed I am... that's how bad that movie was (the '99 version), I didn't even know what war it was in
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"What did you do in the War, Daddy?"
                "To Hell and Back"
                "From Here to Eternity"
                "A Bridge Too Far"

and of course.....

"Battle for the Planet of the Apes"

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Not many people seem to like it but one of my favorites is Hamburger Hill. I thought it was better than most of the Vietnam movies. They didnt try to push one view or another down your throat. You just knew the utter uselessness that the grunts felt.
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                    Not many people seem to like it but one of my favorites is Hamburger Hill. I thought it was better than most of the Vietnam movies. They didnt try to push one view or another down your throat. You just knew the utter uselessness that the grunts felt.
                    It's also one of my favorites, Better than that crap, Platoon.

But not AS good as Full Metal Jacket.

:P ACK!

Comment

As much as I love Kubrick, I hated the second half of that film, once the boys make it to Vietnam, and I detested the ending.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I like FMJ but once it gets out of boot camp it sort of lags I think. It just bugs me the way it ended..
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

A Bridge Too Far is probably my favorite.
                          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                            As much as I love Kubrick, I hated the second half of that film, once the boys make it to Vietnam, and I detested the ending.
                            Same here, but the first half does carry it.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                              A Bridge Too Far is probably my favorite.
                              I have the overture on Kazaa...
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Bah, Sava, you suck . The Thin Red Line (the new one) was a Great movie!! Full of the philosophy of war and action intersperced with thinking.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X