Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    Jeezus. 10 pints a day?
    Sounds like my coffee / espresso intake.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
      Mind you, this research ignores the most important point of teamaking - if you want the best brew, use looseleaf tea.
      Nah, it covered all the bases.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It is all very well to say use soft water but around here you get what the water company pumps down the pipe. Sometimes it is soft, sometimes hard (resist the temptation - we've all heard all those jokes before ).

Personally, I'm going to carry on making tea the way I like it and I don't care for being told by a scientist that there is a "proper" way. I wonder who funded this excercise in pointlessness anyway?
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Nah, it covered all the bases.
          Fair enough Urban. They did recommend loose leaf.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Given today's practice of slapping a teabag into the mug and then pouring over the boiling water to let it brew, the milk is gonna be shoved in last anyway.

Loose tea and teapots ? Ah the quaint old ways often had a lot going for 'em

Comment

You almost could not find loose leaf tea (i.e. English red tea) anymore.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                You almost could not find loose leaf tea (i.e. English red tea) anymore.
                In a shop, maybe.

On the Web, I doubt it.
                Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Most shops here don't have that anymore. Just bland old tea bags.

Comment

I tried something along what they reportedly suggested, and it was nice, though I think I overdid it with the milk.

Comment

So...how does one limit the brewing time to three minutes, in a teapot, with loose leaf tea?
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

How about doing it like civilised people and not bothering with milk...

I also agree with looseleaf tea, I had the privilege of sampling some for the first time just the other day. Heavenly!
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

looseleaf tea is great. those paper bags leech the paper flavor into the tea.

any chance that this type of tea will be used in the infinite improbability drives?
                          B♭3

Comment

Working...
                          X