Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the real Hilary Clinton please stand up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hating someone because they are a ***ch is moronic.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Bill is a peace time president.
      Considering he built up the most modern and powerful military... and considering we bombed more countries during Clinton's 8 than Bush could ever hope to... you are wrong.

Clinton just didn't use his wars to gain support in the PR world.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Considering he built up the most modern and powerful military... and considering we bombed more countries during Clinton's 8 than Bush could ever hope to... you are wrong.
        You won't ever win with that tack, sava. Celebrating war for war's sake?

Anybody can launch cruise missiles, but is that what makes a statesman?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You won't ever win with that tack, sava. Celebrating war for war's sake?

Anybody can launch cruise missiles, but is that what makes a statesman?
          You obviously misunderstood my post. I was simply pointing out that there was more then enough conflict in the world when Clinton was in office.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            and considering we bombed more countries during Clinton's 8 than Bush could ever hope to... you are wrong.

Clinton just didn't use his wars to gain support in the PR world.
            He is very good at using wars to boost his image. Whenever he's in political trouble at home, cruise missiles fly.

Comment

there is no way in hell you can say Clinton built up the military.

First of all Congress approves military spending.

Second of all I was in the military during that time. They were paying people to retire early to cut costs.

What happened in the military could be attributed by good thinking generals and admirals. They realized they wouldn't have the manpower to fight wars, so they structured the budjet better to allow for more smart weapons and cruise missile, and upgrading older ships, and retiring obsolete ones.

Clinton did not go through the military budjet and "modernize" it.

That was done by the generals and admirals.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                I bet Bush does it with his dog.
                Tired of sloppy seconds?

Should I be surprised when they find out that the car that hit Buddy had Greek diplomatic plates, or by the love triangle stories in the Daily News?
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Bush and Rove certainly are demanding politicians. But the "tarring" of political opponents is not the same as with Nixon and Hillary. The latter two used personal dirt to destroy the political opponent or Bill's girlfriend. Both sought to use Federal Agencies improperly to reward friends and destroy enemies. AFAIK, Bush has not done any thing of the kind.

although it has not been proven that it was the bush camp that did it, during the south carolina primaries, it was suggested many times in campaign calls that mccain's wife has both infertile and mentally unstable, and that their adopted child was... well, they used a few racist notions in describing that child.

I would also agree that Bush at times has gone too far in enforcing discipline in Republican ranks. It was just such a move that caused Jeffers to go independent and give control of the Senate to Daschle and his mirthless crew for two years. But, again, what Bush has done with fellow Repulicans pales in comparison to what Nixon and Hillary have done to their "enemies."

perhaps--but with friends like bush and rove, who needs enemies?
                  B♭3

Comment

As I said, I do not think Bush's strong arm tactics against other Republicans is wise given that this could backfire as it did with Jeffers. Reagan had an 11th Commandment: thou shall not speak evil of your fellow Republicans. Bush could learn something from Reagan.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Reagan had an 11th Commandment: thou shall not speak evil of your fellow Republicans. Bush could learn something from Reagan.

so true. you don't make your allies resent you. convince them, cajole them to your side, but don't coerce them and make them hate you.

bush could learn this quite well, and apply it to things outside his own party, as well.
                      B♭3

Comment

Working...
                      X