No announcement yet.

Why Do Women Have Breasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I forgot about MtG. He's the wildcard, Dissident. I suppose Markos is, too. Jeez. Four OT mods ... wild bunch here, I tell ya.
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I don't want to get banned.

But I feel this is a beautiful thing that shouldn't be censored.

This is an act crucial to the survival of the human race (of course the same thing can be said about sex ). Nothing is more natural. And I chose a picture that did not show too much of the breast, a google search found a lot more revealing ones than this.

But if you look at it, it does not show much of the breast (less than I have seen in bikini pictures and such). And you can't in your right mind say it is a sex act.

So my question is, what rule would I be breaking?
      Last edited by Dis; June 22, 2003, 04:32.

Comment

Because then it's easier to tell apart male from female.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So my question is, what rule would I be breaking?
          The enlightened, 'no hands over naked breasts' rule.

However, the post above is not to titillate, so I don't see Ming intervening.

Though I've been wrong before.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

ahh but those aren't hands over her breasts are there?

I've always wanted to test that no hands rule . I have a good picture with a chick with large breasts with just her hair hanging down covering the nipple portion of her breast. But I know better than to post that

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Ha! You'd best be careful what you say when on 'Poly in regards to stuff like that. I wouldn't be surprised if someone attempts to take up a collection for you, MRT, and then you'd have to go through with your promise!

Gatekeeper
              everyone here is a miserly ***** who get their jollies from arguing, not through human emberassement.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                everyone here is a miserly ***** who get their jollies from arguing, not through human emberassement.
                Heh. True ... in my three years, four months here I haven't seen anything like that yet. But there's always a first time for everything!

Gatekeeper

(P.S.: Dissident — I'm sure you're safe from Mingapulco. You've got stature here, man, stature! )
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I pledge ten dollars to this noble cause!
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

the reason why guys like breasts is the same reason girls like flowers.

they're pretty and they smell nice.

B♭3

Comment

Whoever said "For men to oggle" is right. It's to make them more attractive to men, so more likely to attract a mate.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Heh. I agree, and yet, year in and year out, there are more males choosing to turn into females than females turning male. The female form is nature's "standard" blueprint; the male form is the "aberration," so to speak. Necessary, yes, but an aberration nevertheless.

Gatekeeper
                        Explain this.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Actually a portion of the fat that makes up milk does indeed come from the fatty tissue in which the milk glands are embedded. There is however a theory that the breasts are a replacement of the fleshy buttocks sported by female apes during estrus. In apes the buttocks of the female swell during the ovulatory portion of the estrus cycle, and serve to give males notice that the female is ready to breed. Apes mate from the rear. Humans mate from the front, so it is thought that human females lost the swelling buttocks because they're not very prominent in erect walking humans, but then evolved larger frontal breasts to attract mates.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Doc Strangelove nailed it. For an excellent, exploration into that, read Desmon Morris' "The Naked Ape." (he goes on to say that the same line of thinking is why, even today, there is an almost primal fascination with women painting their lips bright, vibrant shades of red, and why pouty lips are considered "sexy." (I'm sure it won't take most of you but half a second to draw your own conclusions there).

Both this, and the development of fleshy brests were designed to "draw the male's attention 'round to the front" as Morris put it.

As a milk-providing apparatus, the human female breast is actually quite poorly designed, requiring substantial work and risk to human infants (as compared to say, female chimpanzee breasts....thus, they (the breast of the human female) must have evolved with some other purpose in mind.

-=Vel=-
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                              for men to oggle!
                              2nd that. They're there to make them attractive!

Comment

They are manippulative are n't theythese females.
                                The world is a messy place, and unfortunately the messier it gets, the more work we have to do."

Comment

Working...
                                X