No announcement yet.

Huggy-wuggie-touchie-feelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a tactile person? Do you tend to touch people? Ruffle their hair or pat their backs?
    Not at work. Only with close friends, and then basically only a pat on the back or an occasional (and probably drunken) hug.

Luckily for me, I have a much less tactile work environment than Laz. And I hope it stays that way.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Oh, and tickling is a horrible, vicious form of torture.

Deliberately tickling me is verbotten (I'm so ticklish that my gf tickles me often w/o meaning to). I tend to respond with an angry warning. If that ever failed to get through, I'd get violent.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ditto witht the tickling. Overal i am not very adverse to being touched, but I don't like to be either.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I hate people touching me (apart from my wife)... I hate it when my nephews and neices climb on me, or when my parents want to give me a hug, even shaking hands is rather repulsive to me. I manage to do all these things (I shake hands with my friends all the time, but that is where it should end)... I don't know why this is, but I like my personal space. I even acredit smoking to my hatred for unwanted, socially induced touching... they won't come near you if you smell like smoke...

My wife, on the other hand, can touch me anywhere and as often as she wants...
          Monkey!!!

Comment

"Are you a tactile person? Do you tend to touch people? Ruffle their hair or pat their backs?"

Yes, yes, yes. Although, I am only so with people I know to also be comfortable with it and such... I respect peoples 'personal spaces', even if I think it is weird.

I'm a cuddler, tickler, I love to play...
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

Ph33r the Master Tickler

I am not ticklish (not that much anyway), so I usually win tickle fights, and ... (better left unsaid )
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm very ticklish, but I don't mind. It's not like the not-breathing and tensing up that Asher suggested. It's okay, especially for reasons that Spiffor noted. If only I could get more... (of whut happens after the tickling, stupid)
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  Oh, and tickling is a horrible, vicious form of torture.
                  That's what my girlfriend says.

I "torture" her for my own amusement, or as an interrogation technique (how much did those shoes cost? Tell me!)...
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

This thread reeks of the tragic physical loneliness of the English.

*group hug, group hug*
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

If I was surrounded by Englishmen I wouldn't want to touch anybody either.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Interestingly I only realised recently that kissing relatives on the cheek is not practised by everyone. In my extended family, which runs now to something around 200 people, greeting by a kiss or handshake is normal, even if you haven't seen the person for years. Anyone in a room predominantly full of relatives will also get a kiss. This is our custom (Irish mainly).
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Whut? I'm American, and I don't mind...well. I mind when men try to do anything more than a hand shake. But a woman...
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                            Interestingly I only realised recently that kissing relatives on the cheek is not practised by everyone. In my extended family, which runs now to something around 200 people, greeting by a kiss or handshake is normal, even if you haven't seen the person for years. Anyone in a room predominantly full of relatives will also get a kiss. This is our custom (Irish mainly).
                            In Quebec almost everybody kisses on both cheeks at every non-business meeting (the only sizable exception is that two men will almost never do so). This includes people you meet for the first time, and goes doubly when you're meeting somebody at a club or restaurant. However, the "kiss" is more of a cheek press...
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

See? Its just those cold English bastards that have a problem.

Comment

I'm very much a tactile person. Not with guys though. I will only hug them if they are close friends of mine, and even then only on occasion. Pats on the back, handshakes, etc, are fine.
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X