• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Crunch
    I enjoy a large personal space.
    That's very Yank like.

Originally posted by Big Crunch
    If in a conversation it can get very annoying when after inching back to a comfortable distance the person starts inching forward to close the gap I just created.
    I always like to do that to annoy people
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Damn you and all those like you

I find myself turning sideways so at least it doesn't look too much like I'm running away backwards. But then we end up doing a slow dance in a circle. And I have to put in quite an effort to override it for attractive females.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

don't mind hand skakes, friendly pats on the back or hugging girls i know, but if someone i don't know taps me or prods me, my first reaction is to think (and, sometimes say) 'f*ck off', even if it's a really fit bird in a club :/
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I like physical contact. Hugging, holding hands, penetrative sex, etc.

I love clubbing. All those people packed together, the feel of the music when you stand next to a speaker, the lights. Heaven would be a club full of beautiful people dancing to Dirrty.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

There is someone I know who just loves to stand 5cm from your face when she's talking to you.

We start talking, she gets too close, I retreat, she gets closer, I retreat again, she gets even closer, I stumble into the wall and find an excuse to get the hell out of there.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Start to spit when you talk and then she'll stay the hell back.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Re: Huggy-wuggie-touchie-feelie

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                Are you a tactile person? Do you tend to touch people? Ruffle their hair or pat their backs?

Now I tend to start making involuntary growling noises if anyone gets within three feet of me. My personal space gets invaded strictly at the offender's peril. Unfortunately I work in an environment stuffed with ambitious go-getters who read "The one minute manager" (and believe it! Fools!), and have taken particular note of the vital importance of touching workmates to show solidarity and empathy.

That's probably not the best move to use on one who's instinctive reaction is to go for their eyes. So how do you bunnies feel on this issue? Do you do it? Do you enjoy being poked and prodded by colleagues and managers? The bastards.
                I hate being touched at all by anybody I don't trust completely. If they're just a casual or work-related aquaintance they have no right to be in my personal space. Actual touching gives me the urge to smack them.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                  There is someone I know who just loves to stand 5cm from your face when she's talking to you.

We start talking, she gets too close, I retreat, she gets closer, I retreat again, she gets even closer, I stumble into the wall and find an excuse to get the hell out of there.
                  give her a big wet one.

Unless you don't want to.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                    Damn you and all those like you

I did that to a poor girl once, quite unintentionally.

Seriously, though, I thought Brits don't have such a large personal space.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I am not too tactile, preferring to have a reasonably large personal space. However, after a few drinks, I become very touchy-feely. When in gay bars, I have a tendency at this point to start pinching nipples.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

hi ,

maybe she loves you , ....

consider it a psy test for the amry , ....

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Seriously, though, I thought Brits don't have such a large personal space.
                          I think you may be confusing personal space with living space.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I would concur. But then I'm a social outcast. What do I know?
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

maybe she loves you , ....
                              She does that to everyone. It's hilarious to watch... unless you're the one who suffers.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

and have taken particular note of the vital importance of touching workmates to show solidarity and empathy

Warn them off of it, if they're going to do work in the US. It's a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X