Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Consider the following hypothetical situation:
    You have been an atheist, humanist and pacifist for the whole 20 years of your lifetime. Suddenly, while you're asleep, this god, which you were referring to, shows up in the room where you are. He orders you to rob the nearest gun shop with a kitchen knife, and then kill as many people as you can. Then, god disappears.

What do you do?
    You tell him sorry m8 but are you mad?

Well you have your reason to help you out.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You tell him sorry m8 but are you mad?
      To this 'god'? Consider, that it doesn't respond, it has already vanished.

Comment

Well than this "god " surely has some issues...

which begs the question

What kind of God would want you to act against your moral without explanation? unrelated--- btw Radiohead on BBC 2 now---
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

What kind of God would want you to act against your moral without explanation?
          I wouldn't want to put my words into your mouth, but are you now claiming that you wouldn't believe into a god if it's ethical world isn't the same as yours?

Comment

no just not in the one that doesn;t explain himself to me first - ie... what is the point with the violent action, he as omni - guy should have no problems doing that

Comment

So, a superior being should waste it's limited time to briefly explain it's motives to gain your trust?

Comment

well that is the whole point of God - he is a loving fella, and loving fellas want to have your trust

Comment

Ok, thanks for your patience during your explanation(s?) -- I like to obtain different viewpoints from different persons, that's what I think is the whole point of BBS' such as this one.

Comment

I agree just fire off if you have more

Comment

god doesn't pop up and say hi, because he fears people. that's why he wrecked the tower of bable. seems like god is very weak! perhaps we could kill him if we tried hard enough?
                      www.tuukkavirtaperko.net

Comment

you see all the different responses?

THAT'S why God doesn't say "Hi".
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu
                          So, a superior being should waste it's limited time to briefly explain it's motives to gain your trust?
                          Why does an omnipotent being have a time limit?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The Bible isn't proof of God's existence, because there are other books out there that claim to be divinely inspired. And even if there weren't any other books making that claim, you would still have to prove that the Bible was in fact written by God.
                            Last edited by Lorizael; June 6, 2003, 20:16.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Why does an omnipotent being have a time limit?
                              A bad selection of words, due to English being a non-native language for me.

Not literally limited, more like that it's time is more expensive than OFITG's, because 'god' holds more power than OFITG.

Comment

Because It can't? Or something else?

Don't think anyone knows why in any case....
                                DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Working...
                                X