Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why dosent God just pop up and say "Hi"

So why dosent he do it :?
    He's too busy playing just-one-more-turn of Civ.
    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

what's 04/26? c-town, ukraine?
      This has been asked many times during the time when you were gone... yes, I'm referring to the hardly spelled town (Chernobyl in English?) near the border of Belarussia in my signature.

what if he works on the personal level and not on some - hello here I am see me and be good level?
      In that case, how is the invididual supposed to know that the voice/vision/whatever it is doesn't comes from the invididual itself?

exist (I think)
      Yes, that's what I think, too.

Comment

how are you related to that? and is that you in that avatar?

Comment

Dude, there's like, no point to life, and stuff. Time to put on some black lipstick and pretend I'm a vampire, I s'pose...
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
            And while hes there say "Dont do this, this and this"(This assumingly being bad things he dosent want done)?

Imagine all the problems in the world that would solve.....

Because 10 years after he did nobody would believe he did and people would ask this same question again. So what's the point?
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

[threadjack]

how are you related to that
              Guess what? I'm not going to tell you, or at least right now and right here, that is.

and is that you in that avatar?

No.

We're you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

In that case, how is the invididual supposed to know that the voice/vision/whatever it is doesn't comes from the invididual itself?

well reason is supposed to help out
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

well reason is supposed to help out

Consider the following hypothetical situation:
                  You have been an atheist, humanist and pacifist for the whole 20 years of your lifetime. Suddenly, while you're asleep, this god, which you were referring to, shows up in the room where you are. He orders you to rob the nearest gun shop with a kitchen knife, and then kill as many people as you can. Then, god disappears.

What do you do?

Comment

And while hes there say "Dont do this, this and this"(This assumingly being bad things he dosent want done)?

1. Cause He has better things to do.

2. Cause all the different religions would argue over his "greeting" to prove that their religion is the only one true religion.

3. Cause He usually works more subtle.

4. Cause He knows that in the end, everyone comes to Him anyway so He'll just wait.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

yes I was what would I know.

and if you don't want anyone to know, don't make a loud remark. a sig is rather loud.

Comment

He already did. It is called the Bible!
                        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

God is still suspended because he broke the Prime Directive 2000 years ago
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

He already did. It is called the Bible!
                            Old Testament is especially good as a moral guideline when judged by "dont do this, this and this" -principles.

and if you don't want anyone to know, don't make a loud remark. a sig is rather loud
                            Do I have to remove condolences because I don't present an official explanation?

Comment

it's up to you, but don't be surprised at the reactions

Comment

I'm not. I understand that your comment was just a friendly hint, but I... think, that there'll be no grave consequences (sp?) from a simple signature.

Comment

Working...
                                X