X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southpark.

Southpark is the end of evolution.

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

aren't we ourselves - matter that defies entropy in every possible way imaginable
      Nope, the earth is not a closed system, so we don't defy entropy -- the sun expends far more energy than we consume. The universe is a closed system (pretty much by definition), so entropy applies in full force. Eventually even elementary particles will disintegrate, and you're left with Nada.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

what is the end of evolution?
        Communism
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

As more advanced machines begin to evolve, we must look at them objectively when considering their intelligence, their sentience, despite the various shortcomings that may arise.
          Impossible to evaluate the subject 'objectively.'

Why don't you adopt the conclusion that you skirt around that it will be impossible for machines to have human intelligence?

Machine and human intelligence seem to be two very different things, according to your paper.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
            It'll probably end with good old fashioned entropy. When the suns have all burned out there won't be any more life, so evolution will have come to an end.
            This is depressing as hell, to know that the universe we live in, that seems so magnifcient and powerful, will too come to an end .

Coming to terms with my own inevitable death was a pain in the ass, let alone humanity's, life's, and the friggen Universe's
            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

This is depressing as hell, to know that the universe we live in, that seems so magnifcient and powerful, will too come to an end .

Coming to terms with my own inevitable death was a pain in the ass, let alone humanity's, life's, and the friggen Universe's.
              K-man

Blame Sagan, he's the one who first came up with this summary.

Of course, then we would still have Percy Shelley:

And on the pedestal these words appear:
              "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
              Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
              Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
              Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
              The lone and level sands stretch far away.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
                Coming to terms with my own inevitable death was a pain in the ass, let alone humanity's, life's, and the friggen Universe's
                Well, we are talking about an event that isn't predicted to occur for another 1050 years or so...
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Blame Sagan, he's the one who first came up with this summary.

Of course, then we would still have Percy Shelley:

And on the pedestal these words appear:
                  "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
                  Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
                  Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
                  Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
                  The lone and level sands stretch far away.
                  Or, T.S. Eliot

This is the way the world ends
                  Not with a bang but a whimper.

and in not so much the same maner, yet I like it none the less

E.A. Poe

Out–out are the lights–out all!
                  And, over each quivering form,
                  The curtain, a funeral pall,
                  Comes down with the rush of a storm,
                  While the angels, all pallid and wan,
                  Uprising, unveiling, affirm
                  That the play is the tragedy, "Man,"
                  And its hero the Conqueror Worm.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

Well, we are talking about an event that isn't predicted to occur for another 1050 years or so...
                    doesnt matter. its an end. the end is coming. its inevitable. what next after that?
                    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

this is all theory guys

based on the current observations in our tiny little corner of the universe this is our best guess of what might happen in the future.... in a hundred years they will probably laugh at us for believing ideas like these, the same way we think of the guys at the end of the 19th century who claimed science would soon explain everything

take it all with a grain of salt, its a dreary idea but an unlikely reality

Comment

Working...
                      X