Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does a house cost where you live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sten sture..that is what its like in vancouver too..its so hard to find a home for under 500k in any desirable area..and if you do its a shack..and an old timer
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• Wars - I hear ya. I love the whole west coast from you to me, but the real estate stuff is just unfathomable!

JohnT - we are looking at the I-65 corridor between B'ham and Indy, probly within the year. Nashville is two hours from the farm, and that would be a good bet.
      Be the bid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer
        damn orange... people right across the city border got a median income twice the income of here... told you you're a rich ass bastard.

why are the liberals always rich?
        Yeah it's sad, i agree...

Btw: I'm not 'rich' by America's standards. My family is middle class (about $50,000/yr), and that is because my dad works 12 hours a day 6 days a week to make that kind of money. My mom only recently started working again (She has always put her motherhood first, and her employment second) and makes only enough to add icing on the cake (about $100 a week).

We don't buy things on credit, and are paycheck to paycheck household. My parents make one major purchase a year - usually for the house - when the taxes are figured (they always overpay in order to get a sum of money back once a year)

Hardwork and intelligent budgeting is what puts my family where it is, and nothing else. Isn't that something you support - hard working people and responsible spending? Two parent families, with a nuturing mother?

I'm sorry that you didn't have it as good as I did, but 'being a liberal' is how I think the government can and should make your life better. You disagree with me on the method, but at least recognize that as a person I wish that no one had to live in the conditions you and many others do.
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer
          that small house cost 639k?!
          Do you understand nothing? Property values are not about what the house costs to make, it's all about location location location
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Can someone explain what a 'Den' is? Is it like a room for the guys where you have a fridge for the beers, a tv or what?

Comment

• A Den is a Study that has become a small all-purpose Family room. Think bedroom sized room with a bookcase, some chairs or a sofa, and a desk, as well as some entertainment media - TV, Stereo, card table with a half finished 1000 piece puzzle...

Den's require furnishings that are at least 20 years old, and you can never remodel a Den.
              Be the bid!

Comment

• I used to live in a 3 bedroom- 3 bathroom apartment in a small city in the Rio de Janeiro state. The condominium has a swimming pool, a sauna and a soccer field in a somewhat nice suburb. It costs about 20.000 USD.

Now I´m living in a suburb of São Paulo, in a pretty crappy place (violence, pollution, and whole god damn city jams at rush hour - thank god I live near my university). A 2 bedroom apartment costs ´bout 20k, a larger one will be for 35000 USD.

If you are really screwed you can go live in one of the huge nightmarish slums for about 1000 USD.

There are some fancy fortresses for the rich where an apartment of one, two or three floors would cost about 1 m/10 m USD. Those buidings are popping all over the rich areas of the city.

Comment

Working...
                X