I'm a dad !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT

Welcome to Understanding, Flubber. Newcomers please form a line to the right.
    JohnT

There is so much that I am only truly understanding now. I don't think I ever truly knew unabashed and unconditional love until I held my child.

Mom and baby are now home and both doing well.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

One last post and pic-
      Attached Files
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Congratulations. A really cute kid!
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Wasn't their a movie called The Son of Flubber?

Anyway, congrats man!
          Monkey!!!

Comment

That last pic is really really cute. Congrats!
            Be the bid!

Comment

All right! Apolyton's ranks keep swelling!
              My boy was 3 weeks old on Friday...I know the feeling, man. Congrats!
              Try to help the wife a bit, especially with chasing off annoying well wishers. I had my sis in law and nephew camp out in our hospital room for the better part of the day and I couldn't seem to get rid of them...don't let people monopolize your time with wife and babe...'cause it's off to the races pretty quick now.
              Life and death is a grave matter;
              all things pass quickly away.
              Each of you must be completely alert;
              never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

You shouldn't try to chase off the well wishers. You should be happy you have people who care enough to want to share the big event with you.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Congrats, be joyous about it now. Hope you have the ability to laugh when you get pissed on your face.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                    All right! Apolyton's ranks keep swelling!
                    My boy was 3 weeks old on Friday...I know the feeling, man. Congrats!
                    Try to help the wife a bit, especially with chasing off annoying well wishers. I had my sis in law and nephew camp out in our hospital room for the better part of the day and I couldn't seem to get rid of them...don't let people monopolize your time with wife and babe...'cause it's off to the races pretty quick now.
                    wow --3 weeks eh-- so We are pretty much in the same boat

As for well wishers-- the 3 grandparents visited once at the hospital and nobody else were even told which hospital we were attending-- the room was tiny and we were only at the hospital for 48 hours anyway

At home we have the grandparents visiting but they know their role is to help Mrs Flubber-- On the first days back they actually went out for several hours to give us some privacy . . . and none of them EVER ask to hold the little guy, they wait to be asked.

Other well -wishers-- we turned off the phone in our bedroom and I pretty much call screened who gets through . Basically I took a lot of messages that she can return when she feels like it.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      Congrats, be joyous about it now. Hope you have the ability to laugh when you get pissed on your face.
                      I have been warned about that and know it will happen sooner or later . . but I do have a special cloth I toss on there as soon as the diaper comes off . So it will take a combination of aim and TIMING for him to get me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        You shouldn't try to chase off the well wishers. You should be happy you have people who care enough to want to share the big event with you.
                        Believe me, we feel blesssed to have so many people that care . . . But when your wife has slept 1 to 2 hours per night, you want them persionally express their caring either later or somewhere else. A new mom is in no shape to be entertaining guests and IMHO shouldn't have to deal with a bunch or people while trying to adjust to the stresses of a new baby.

All our friend with kids really "get' this and we pretty much got congratulatory cards or emails with a note to call them when we have the time.

Comment

Congrats Flubber!

Can't say anything else that has not already been said. Listen to those with experience.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Hmm. I'm with Supersneak. Your main job for first 4 days is to keep visitors under control. Our experience was that adrenalin rush keeps new mum going for 3 days and hardly caring how tired she's getting while celebrating. This all reverses on day 4 and you need every once of energry that you have saved. That's what you need to keep an eye on, as you may not get many opportunities to rest up in these early days.

On both occasions, day 4 was the day of tears when viewing of mum and baby was very tightly controlled.

You and friends can still enjoy the whole thing while keeping it brief.
                            "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                            "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                            - Pekka

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention...

Congratulations.
                              Looks like you've got a beautiful one on your hands.
                              "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                              "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                              - Pekka

Comment

I, too, agree with Sneak. Having a baby is quite a major medical procedure, and mother and child need a few days to recover.

Comment

Working...
                                X