I'm a dad !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a dad !!

I became a dad just 24 hours ago with the birth of my 9 pound 5 ounce son. Mom and baby are both doing fine. I am of course, insufferably proud and had to stop in here before falling into bed with exhaustion.

I should create an apolyton id for the little guy ( hmmm Miniflubber, Flubbermite, Flubber junior ???) to give him a headstart on this board but given his inability to formulate sentences at the moment, the mods may consider him to be a DL.
    Attached Files
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Congrats Flubber! That's just awesome!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Nine and a half pounds?!!! Mrs flubber must have been pissed off with you.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Congratulations Flubber!

Cute baby.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          Nine and a half pounds?!!! Mrs flubber must have been pissed off with you.

the delivery went suprisingly well but Mrs Flubber does have some things to deal with from delivering a larger size baby
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

He's gonna be a champ. Big boy, going to be strong too. Already hands up looking for openings and a knock out. He will be a champ for sure.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

He obviously ate well while in utero. Congratulations to both the mother and father!

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

oh you poor bastar... oh, you're delighted.

cheers then.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: I'm a dad !!

A Father of three says...

Originally posted by Flubber
                  before falling into bed with exhaustion.

Get used to that feeling
                  19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    He's gonna be a champ. Big boy, going to be strong too. Already hands up looking for openings and a knock out. He will be a champ for sure.
                    well he is strong and is feeding well . . . seems to be a " boob man" . . . not interested in much else at the moment ( probably makes him similar to the average apolyton poster in that regard)

Comment

Just adorable!!
                      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

The little flubbers achieved their goal, congrats.

Comment

Sleep well tonight. You won't be for the next two years.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: I'm a dad !!

Originally posted by el freako
                            A Father of three says...

Get used to that feeling
                            I've got two, the second two years and almost but not quite a half old, and el freako's right. You'll be perpetually exhausted for a few months (till he sleeps more or less through the night), then you'll get a little respite, then he'll become increasingly mobile and back to exhaustion, trying to keep up with him.

Worth every minute of lost sleep, though.

Congratulations to both of you.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Congratulations!
                              Nothing wrong in a healthy interest in the source of all that is good and lovely!
                              I'd rather have a German division in front of me than a French division behind me.--Patton

Comment

Working...
                              X