No announcement yet.

Religious Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lutherans used to burn Mennonites as heretics.

Heck, everybody used to burn Mennonites as heretics, Anglicans, Lutherans, Catholics.

So you'll forgive me if I bite my thumb to Martin Luther.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Obiwan...fine, sorry for putting quotes in a quotes thread. How about this:

A man goes into a confessional. "Father, I have sinned."
      "What did you do?"
      "I slept with a woman twenty years younger than I am, and she wasn't my wife."
      "Well, that's terrible, but you seem to be sincere about repenting. Say twenty Hail Marys and pray to Jesus to forgive you."
      "Jesus? Hail Marys? But Father, I'm Jewish!"
      "What? Then why are you telling me this?"
      "Father, I'm telling everyone"

That humor lowbrow enough?
      "Although I may disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to hear me tell you how wrong you are."

Comment

Much better.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Everone used to burn everyone else as heretics whenever they could get away with it. That's why we invented baseball. Heretic burning just didn't sound right as a national passtime.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
          X