What do we think of PTW now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we think of PTW now?

Would I be right in thinking that the following things are NOT going to be in PTW:

Fixed diplomacy
    AI/event scripting
    Setting the time increments
    Setting the start/finish date

If this is true, then Civilization III will most certainly NOT have scenario creation capabilities. Which proves the likes of Coracle and JT correct, I'm sad to say. And who cares about the WW2 graphics, when WW2 scenarios (or any scenarios, for that matter) are now virtually out of the question? There's already plenty of excellent fan made tanks and whatnot, so why do we need these graphics for a scenario that can never be? And bearing in mind the moaning about lag with 16 civs, how many people are going to want to play with 24? And PTW's trump card, it's ace up the sleeve - multi-player? I don't really care - I'm not big on mp games of any genre. I probably will play a few games of Civilization III multi-player, but to me the single player game is much more important.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Are those things really not going to be in PtW? (I've been away for ages and haven't had any news)

If so then that is really very sad. To make a decent scenario it is surely essential to have fixed diplomacy. There is no point in having a WW2 scenario if Germany can't start off at war with England and ends up joining forces with America to invade Japan.

I'm more looking forward to MP, to be honest, but playing cool scenarios with other human players would be fantastic .... alas it seems unlikely if these things are not in the editor.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Mike said that setting time rate and date was going to be in. The others weren't.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

But they PROMISED things like scenarios from any time and full scenario capabilities.

Today i join the army of Coracle.

Comment

double post
          Seemingly Benign

Comment

No, they said that diplomacy was on the "wish list" on the previous chat. I asked what the wish list was, it was the things that they would put in if they had the time (i.e. after PTW).

Define "full scenario capabilities". As a professional software requirements analyst, that is too nebulous a term to be useful. Anyone can interpret it differently.

BTW, they said setting start and end dates and time rate are going to be in PTW.

Your legal right as a consumer is to not buy it, if this is that important to you. It isn't to me.
            Seemingly Benign

Comment

double post
              Last edited by Caliban; September 21, 2002, 12:51.

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
                Today i join the army of Coracle.
                Lord help us! They are already walking among us! And they are recruiting new zeals!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban
                  double post
                  Is this the thread of double posts

Comment

*Sigh* I could smell this foul stench in the air in May!

I was concerned when I read through the FIRST chat because they spent more time talking about what WASN'T going to be in the expansion pack than what was.

It seems like Firaxis is trying to charge us $29.99 for an empty box!
                    Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

It's your $29.99, don't spend it if there isn't enough in the box for you. I'm going to, based on what has been said will be in there.
                      Seemingly Benign

Comment

Off hand, how much do you think Firaxis makes per game sold? I'm guessing much less than $5 per copy.
                        Seemingly Benign

Comment

Of course I'll buy it. I was just a little upset when i wrote the previous post.

Comment

It seems like Firaxis is trying to charge us $29.99 for an empty box!

multiplayer doesn't sound 'empty' to me.
                            I don't care about scenarios, I care about multiplayer though.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Well, if they plan on having another expansion, then I'll wait for that, since it will probably have all the things PTW has. Otherwise, I'll just wait for the price to go down to like 15 dollars or less. It doesn't seem to me like PTW is worth 30. Multiplayer is nice, but there are other games I can play multiplayer (and probably ones that are more balanced, considering some of the new UUs).
                              May reason keep you,

Blue Moose

Comment

Working...
                              X