• Show
Clear All

I have to work Friday night and then saturday morning
    GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Well done, Firaxis
      Blah

Comment

A day earlier than expected, Firaxis Games released the latest and considered last patch for Civilization III, v1.29f, on their website.
        I got the date right two weeks ago! Here's what I wrote on July 3:
        I expect this patch to be labelled 1.27f when it is released ... My guess for the release date for the patch: Thursday, 18 July.
        Pity I was two numbers out on the patch number ...

Reference: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...87#post1090887

None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Here's one (very minor) bug: Clicking "Help" in the Editor while on the "Natural Rescources" page brings up the help screen for -- "Improvements and Wonders"

Very minor problem.
          The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

Originally posted by Palleon
            I've also noticed that when you make a new unit, it doesn't appear like a civopedia entry is created. I just made a new unit, and tried to load my mod, and it said that text was missing for it. So I guess we'll still need to use the multitool to make new things...

To add a civilopedia entry you only need edit civilopedia.txt. Notepad is really all you need.

Dan
            That really sucks. The editor should at least ask you, "Would you like to create a civilopedia entry for your new unit / improvement / wonder / civilization?" and then open civilopedia.txt with a blank entry waiting for you.

This came from the thread that got closed. "1.29f comments"

Comment

Not really a bug, but annoying. If you add a new civ rather than being given access to every unit they are given access to no units forcing you to go through and manually flag every unit for the civ for them to be able to build it.

Ideally, it'd give a new civ every unit that is flagged as buildable for every other civ + scouts if flagged expansionistic.

Comment

HELP!, every time I zoom out the computer crashes

Comment

Err... When you save one map and load another... Some of the cities will be on the new map.

I saved my map then loaded the earth map and saw some of the cities that were on the other map.
                  GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Are you importing or opening?
                    It could be merging the BICs.
                    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                    3D Unit tutorial
                    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Opening
                      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

I've noticed longer saved game load times! It seems to hang around on 100% for a while! And i somtimes have no sound in game!
                        Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                        For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

downloaded, installed it and created first scenario. At first some confusion. But its so far perfect. Great job. Scenario works so far so good.
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

The IMPORT feature worked smoothly. I just moved my mod to another folder, installed 129, and then imported through the Editor my values back in.

It was also simple to change a little text so that my different Great Wonder did not cause an error notice.

Too bad Firaxis didn't correct the craziness of Culture Flipping; make subs and privateers useful; slow down Settler Diarrhea; give us Diplomatic control for scenarios. etc.

Comment

Anyone else find that the editor works a lot slower now? It used to work fine but now it gobbles up my memory and I have to wait a second or two after every change.
                              You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

What is the version of the editor in 1.29? Is it 1.50?

Comment

Working...
                                X