No announcement yet.

DIPLO : Vox comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Vox are going to vote for GoW, which could be MZ bluffing, is it worth us spending 'campaign money' on their vote? If not, we can definitely ask for Mil Trad as part of a land deal. Or, we hold out on the possibility of angling for Vox's vote - perhaps with the lure of gifting Estonia back - and match GoW's gift of Lego land to Vox.

Comment

We have to either build the UN and not hold a vote, till we can be sure to win or if Vox is not in the bag for us they will have to go.

I understand it will cost us something either way, but we may be able to get GoW to join the fray or hope to get something back via a leader. We will be able to muster a number of elite tanks.

Comment

GoW won't want Vox out of the way if they're after their vote.

Comment

I still don't understand why we couldn't have just asked for Mil Trad, as part of the fission for computers deal. MIs are worth more to them, then knowing where the alu is. It's not too late for this, they might just give us Mil Trad.

Additional land is best given as a gift, I think, but it won't really matter as campaign gifts. If Vox is going to choose a side, it will be based on the relations the past few months, not on what is given in the last turns. MZ has likely been talking to them all along, while we kind of broke off contact right after they left Estonia. We can't change that with a bit of land. We could ask for their vote, as it was only our generosity that kept them in the game, I think that is a far better argument.

Come to think of it, GoW might have made the same argument: that they convinced us after the Lego war to keep our hands off Vox, by offering them protection. They might profile themselves as saviours of Vox. We had very little communications with these guys...

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
            GoW won't want Vox out of the way if they're after their vote.
            That is of course true. What I am suggesting is that if they do not have a commitment from Vox or they are not certain of them, they will be thinking like I am. Either party needs to be sure that Vox is a lock or they should be eliminated, if you do not control the UN.

My concern is that if we do not get either the UN or Vox's vote, we need to move soon, before GoW or ND announce they are in an MPP with Vox. It will be to late then.

So I am suggesting we get an answer to where Vox stands or a commitment to get the UN built.

I just do not want to look up and see we lost a vote by Vox taking anothers side.

I agree with DeepO we are too late to sweet talk them. They are already leaning our way or not. I also agree we should ask if they would give us MT. Stating that we are going to give them land, regarless of what they do with MT, so no pressure there.

Comment

The problem with Vox is that, even if they do not have any significant defenders, they do have very defensive terrain. If we go by land, we would need 7 or 8 turns at least. Using transports and marines is a possibility, but quite cumbersome. And all the while that we focus on Vox, we're open for attacks from other sides.

This all opens up another problem, which we've discussed earlier but haven't done anything about. RP is the real risk here. As long as RP is alive, we have the best shot at the UN, and are in the position to choose who wins. (Unless ND and GoW declare a joint victory, but in that case there is no way we can win in any kind of victory). If Lego gets destroyed, it would even place us in the best situation, as we've got a guaranteed 2 votes, while the others only have 2 at most. So... we need to protect RP. Best way would be to ask them to park a settler either in a transport near the poles, but better, have them park a settler in our core. We can't be destroyed in 1 turn, RP can.

DeepO

Comment

I wish Vox would have sent a screen with what they wanted so we do not have to load up the game to see what land they are talking about.

If I asked someone for land, I would make it so they could see it plainly and not have to do any effort.

Comment

It sounds basically like what MZ has drawn in. The (unknown) position of GoW's cities doesn't make a difference because that land is on GoW's side anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
                    ... Best way would be to ask them to park a settler either in a transport near the poles, but better, have them park a settler in our core. We can't be destroyed in 1 turn, RP can.

DeepO
                    I do not believe that this has yet been communicated...
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

:rage:

I just typed in a post and it got eaten!

Comment

Lucky I used CTRL-A CTRL-C just before ...

I think I should get back to Beta, saying that we agree to Vox getting the terrain as per the MZ map. Frankly, as we do not have anyone with the chat-time-and-inclination to compete with MZ we have to accept that GoW will beat us on that one, and probably already has Vox's vote. I wouldn't mind asking Beta outright though - are they going to vote for GoW?

If we recognise that we are unlikely to get Vox's vote, we might as well be cheeky and ask for Mil Trad straight up, as DeepO suggests.

Comment

Mil Trad is not going to change their vote in the UN. Those two things are unconnected...

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                          X