DIPLO : Vox comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIPLO : Vox comments

That was superb, sleepy. If that doesn't wake them up into replying we'll have to invade them to get their attention.

:applause:
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

And, a response, in less than an hour

they are researching printing press, will have it done in a few turns. I will post the note

Comment

thanks for the compliments guys

So vox will have p. press in 12 turns. I'd say that if we can trade invention for it straight up, its a deal. AFter all, everyone else has invention, not like its a hot commodity these days. Frankly I'm suprised that lego would allow that trade.

And perhaps more importantly, it tells us that vox hasn't been working on anything more important for quite a while, I can't imagine their sci rate being very high.

Comment

Nice job of writing asleepathewheel.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
            And perhaps more importantly, it tells us that vox hasn't been working on anything more important for quite a while, I can't imagine their sci rate being very high.
            Yeah, Lego joked to us that Vox's entire output was equivalent to one of their cities. One of their better cities, I hope.

I wonder what sort of autonomy they have to make decisions like this? The view seems to be that they can't fart without Lego signing it off first, but it could be interesting to see how they handle this.

Comment

I wonder what's going on as well with lego/vox. perhaps lego has allowed them limited autonomy. Is there any way we can see exactly what techs vox has that we don't, outside of a successful stealing? I wonder why lego hasn't given vox invention? perhaps so that the cost to us wouldn't depreciate even further, or to keep a reign on them.

Oh, one positive about vox not having invention is....the others are a few turns away from the next age. I think using PBEM rules, it would take a few turns to gift all of the techs to vox, thus triggering their free tech. I assume that lego wants that tech ASAP on arrival in the new age. Which reminds me, I need to dig up our treaty with vox, we discussed getting their future free tech as well, but I think that was abandoned.

this also tells us that no one has democracy and free artistry. (assuming they aren't lying. perhaps there is really 12 turns left on an nda or something. I could figure it out using the editor values, but I've never really done that before)

Comment

The others are only a few turns away from the next age?

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                  The others are only a few turns away from the next age?
                  who the hell knows, I was just throwing that out there. we know that lego had music theory in 370ad (perhaps a congrats is in order for that, in the public) hard to say how much more advanced everyone is....

Comment

What about making the trade now, before they can get it free from Lego? They gift us PP when they get it and in return for that we gft Invention now?

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                      What about making the trade now, before they can get it free from Lego? They gift us PP when they get it and in return for that we gft Invention now?
                      you know, that's a hell of an idea. WE don't want them to be able to go to Lego and say, "We made this deal, is that ok with you?") far better for them to be on the hook before that. I'll pm them and ask if invention for pp would be fine.

Would we be willing to go chivalry + invention? Neither one are particularly useful to them, but might sweeten the pot.

Comment

Nice idea, and worth suggesting to Vox, I'd say

If we're being cheeky enough to ask Lego for gunpowder we might as well try treating Vox as an independent state!

btw, vmxa1 - we have the save and are discussing it it in a new turn thread. We still have over 20 hours to play it - so plenty of time yet Let us know if you want this save sent to you? PM vondrack any time you want to get on the list.

Comment

Ok, I've fired off another pm, we'll see if we get a response soon. I imagine we will at least know something before next turn.

Would love to get them locked in on this

Comment

vox is discussing it, so maybe they'll know by our next turn

Comment

Ok I was just wondering how to find the save. I will PM him. It has been a long time since I heard from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X