No announcement yet.

DIPLO : Vox comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, in a second stage, we could try to negotiate a deal with ND and GoW as well. They too would be helped with the free tech of Vox, so perhaps we can ask them for part of the revenues of selling it to the other teams (e.g. 20% of what they earn). That should give us some room for price negotiations in case we need a future, more expensive tech.

DeepO

Comment

Sleepy, you're ambasador to Vox, right? Any ideas from your side?

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
        Took a while to find this thread.

Great idea re the free tech. I am sure that ND and GoW won't mind.

Once that is done though... doesn't Vox become, er, pointless?
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
          Once that is done though... doesn't Vox become, er, pointless?
          Unless they sign up with GoW, I suspect MZ will see them as useless. They are very dangerous to us as well as GoW in any UN vote. This makes them a canidate to be eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
            nye, that is already being done regarding which lux to send, but we've got little choice left. Both ND and GoW are receiving 2 of our lux... Vox is the only team which could use a reward
            Damn. Relflex action on diplomacy from when games are much younger. Sorry.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

no problem

BTW: if anybody else is looking for comment threads and the contact logs: they are all linked in the first post of the topped Diplomacy thread. I also only learned that after browsing the forum for hours unsuccessfully

DeepO

Comment

Who is the Vox ambassador? Are you, sleepy? If so, would you please draft some proposal on that free tech to send to Vox? We can't wait for ages on this, otherwise Vox will be close to Radio themselves.

DeepO

Comment

just noticed this. I will try to get something here by tomorrow morning US time.

Comment

Thanks sleepy!

DeepO

Comment

I haven't been able to get to this yet. I have a particularly tricky hearing coming up in about 3 hours that has exhausted my attention....

Comment

My apologies, I haven't gotten to thtis yet, so if someone else can...

Just a litany of excuses. Both vehicles have broken down in the past week, my car first, then my wifes, except hers was about an hour away. god help us when we see the bill! Rough work week, wrestling with cell phone companies (sprint suprisingly worked iwth us to correct their error, once we untangled the voice operated system )

phew.

Comment

quick draft to Vox:

Would Vox be interested in the technology of Radio, with a view to a deal invloving your free modern era tech?

That's all we need for now, isn't it?

Comment

yes... BTW, I just remember something: GoW also researched radio. We will need to have a good price or Vox won't go for it, we are not in a monopoly position

DeepO

Comment

Ok. Fission was what GoW was working towards right? We need to ask them if they are getting it from Vox too.

Thank Vox for the offer of Fission and respond that we can trade Computers for it and are willing to discuss the handing over of some cities on Lego to their keeping. Acknowlege that we can't get much out of the non-resource cities compared to what Vox could get, and so some sort of sharing arrangement would be in order. Mention that we are currently researching Miniaturization and start a dialog about trading it for Vox's next research project.

I'm not so worried about Lego getting a city from Vox. If anything it makes it easier on us if Lego tries to hold a city. I would say that we realize Vox has a debt to Lego that we don't expect them to ignore if Lego does ask, and that it won't hurt Vox-GS relations in our view as long.

Comment

Does Vox have a purpose any longer?
                                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                                X