No announcement yet.

DIPLO : Vox comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW I will defer to those of you that are more in touch as to what is a worthwhile deal. I would suspect giving both is not too painful. I mean by the time they could offer any other tech Chiv would really be devalued.

Comment

Excellent work. Printing Press isn't that high on my list of desired techs, but it would be nice to have (we are religious after all, so a switch to Demo would be worthwhile for us).

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        Excellent work. Printing Press isn't that high on my list of desired techs, but it would be nice to have (we are religious after all, so a switch to Demo would be worthwhile for us).

-Arrian
        no, frankly its nearly worthless to us. But I think the act of trading for it is huge. Shows that someone is willing to deal with us.

Comment

Maybe Vox will let us in the league of minor states!

Comment

Ok, so it is nearly worthless. But yeah, it will be nice to have friendly dealings with someone again.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Comment

That is about it, something is better than nothing. It is a tech you will need to get at some point, so getting it here for free is not a bad thing.

Comment

Please look at the proposed agreement for printing press with vox. It looks good to me, but I want others to ok it before I agree to it.

Comment

Looks good to me. The final clause means that even if Lego gave Vox Invention we'd still get PP. No resell clauses either. I don't think there's a hurry, so I guess we can afford to wait some more for people to comment.

If we go with this, should we give them Invention up-front or wait? We may gain goodwill by paying up-front - would we realistically have anything to lose?

Comment

I was thinking we should just give it to them now, its a pretty worthless tech now in the scheme of things. everyone else is at least one tech beyond invention, so Lego using vox as a research lackey down that path is wasteful.

Comment

sleepy, go ahead as ambassador and respond with agreement.

Let's wait until we have the turn, but I also would be inclined to send invention, accepted.
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I'll go ahead and send a signed agreement back to Rhoth.

Comment

(BUMP)

In reply to Voxs' latest offer, I can not see any advatage of getting democracy. We can get it off Spain/whoevr they are, if needed, for a couple of obselete techs. Why not try to break the trades with Legoland, since every little bit helps.

Basically, it is a waste of time IMVHO (If I'm allowed to have one).
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Spain - the Roleplay team - are useless for research. They do not have Demo now, and we would rather have them at max tax and giving us cash than pursuing research of their own.

Demo is definitely of limited value to us. But *no* value? Faster workers... true, by the time we could switch we might be done RRing our land. Slight corruption reduction... that would take a while to pay back the loss of a turn to anarchy...

Ok, so it is largely useless.

One thing: you are not only "allowed" but encouraged to have an opinion on these things. A fresh perspective on the matter will force those of us who have been in the thick of things to step back and re-examine what we're doing, and maybe we will find we're off-course.

-Arrian

Comment

Arrain, Spain has Demo, and will give it to us once the NDA runs out. They even said when, but I forgot... their the only team in demo

Oh, and I agree on opinions: we need more of them.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                                X