No announcement yet.

DIPLO : Vox comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After they give out the free tech they only have one major use and that is the vote.

If they can join us and be trusted, great if not, then ....... I would see it that way if I was GoW, so they may want to see them gone as well.

That puts it GS + RP and GoW + ND for the UN, hopefully not for war.

Comment

I think Vox is important to have as a friend and ally if we are going to win. I wouldn't underestimate the effect they can have on the game still. Economically they could fund another team enough so that 100% research was possible without losing money. Militarily they wouldn't be too hard to take out, but would definitely tip the balance in any 1v1 scenario.

Comment

Yes that is true, IF we know we can count on them. Otherwise they could cost us our chance. So if they are putting things in on our side, then we can count on them.

If we cannot strike up some sort of compact, then they are dangerous to us.

Comment

My point is that they still affect us one way or another. Even if we just wiped them out it would cost us time and resources to do so and we'd just be that much further behind ND and GoW. So either way they are important and we need to try to keep good relations with them.

Comment

Speaking of which, I am going to send Computers to Vox accepted in exchange for Fission which they already sent us. The beaker difference, if we determine it is worthwhile to pursue compensation for, could be negotiated later.

Comment

I wonder what GoW and ND are buying Fission with from Vox? I'm inclined to see what GoW have to say about this first rather than rasining it with them - they were researching Fission IIRC, which we were going to trade for with Miniaturisation.

Comment

I would guess that Vox is sending Fission to GoW and ND for future considerations too (ND Rocketry), or to one of them in payment of Radio.

GoW will start researching another tech no doubt, and we can still do the same deal with them for Miniaturisation.

Comment

Maybe I didn't really catch on. Didn't Vox give us the tech for free? I'm certain it requires some kind of compensation, but could we e.g. ask to give flight and amph. warfare to RP? With flight and radio, RP can also go for MI, which will in turn make us safer. And we can't offer flight yet (or can we?)

DeepO

Comment

A note to Vox about Computers would be in order. Thank them for Fission and say we are offering Computers to help avoid duplication of research. Say we are researching Miniaturization and would be interested in trading it for their next tech.

Asking them to trade techs to RP that we can't is a good idea.

Comment

I just lost a post drafting a message to Vox to 'Server Busy'

Bottom line was that I need to dig a little to check the Flight NTA situation.

Comment

OK, Flight was due from GoW on T231. They failed to send it that turn and we recieved it on T232.

If we want, we can claim that the 20-turn NTA should have expired on T250 and we are free to give it on T250.

If so, we could wait two turns - unless if we fear an immediate GoW/ND attack - in which case we might want to jump the gun, but we can only gain a turn at most.

Comment

draft to Vox:

Thank-you for Fission. We sent Computers in reply, and would you be interested in Miniaturisation (our current project) in trade for your next research project?

I thought that the avoidance of duplicate research was somehow implicit, so didn't mention it. I also didn't mention the RP thing - as we're only 2 turns from being able to give Flight to RP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            I just lost a post drafting a message to Vox to 'Server Busy'
                            This happens quite often to me, but in most cases I can recover by just pressing the back button. I am nog using IE, though, it might be different there.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                              OK, Flight was due from GoW on T231. They failed to send it that turn and we recieved it on T232.

If we want, we can claim that the 20-turn NTA should have expired on T250 and we are free to give it on T250.

If so, we could wait two turns - unless if we fear an immediate GoW/ND attack - in which case we might want to jump the gun, but we can only gain a turn at most.
                              So, if we wait 3 turns, we are clear for flight no matter what. Fine, that won't make a big difference.

One thing we might want to consider is that if we negotiate a deal between Vox and RP, we might also bring those 2 teams together. It won't cost us anything, it might gain us a little...

DeepO

Comment

I just had another idea... why don't we somehow try to work a deal for mil trad in? As long as we haven't got MAs, those 3-move units might help a little, or at least threaten a little. GoW now knows we are in the habit of building units, and using them on another continent the same turn. If we've got the capacity of building cavs, it will require stronger defenses if they want to invade. We do have saltpeter now, it's just the tech we lack.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                                X